Thread: The one second gap ?

Hi,
    I am after a tried and tested mp3-Audio CD burning app that removes silences between tracks, but not Nero or Roxio or Aucoustica ?

I have tried a few versions of NERO and for some reason everytime I try to burn an Audio CD I get a 20 second silence at the end of the first track ?
    I have tried this with a few different sets of tracks?

I dont like Roxio I have tried a few versions of it and often return to burned CD's and find them empty ?

Aucoustica was very unstable and kept locking my system up ?

At the moment I am using DeepBurner, it has DAO but still leaves a 1 second gap although it burns the full tracks and I have never found an empty disc and it has never crashed ?

Thanks if you can help :-)

2. Music   -   #2
    I have tried a few versions of NERO and for some reason everytime I try to burn an Audio CD I get a 20 second silence at the end of the first track
    I think maybe there is a problem with your cd writter or player if you get that long of silence.
    Last edited by Ariel_001; 12-19-2004 at 12:51 AM.

3. Music   -   #3
    leeferdude's Avatar Walking Dumbass

4. Music   -   #4
    So does this CD-DA have a gap removing feature because it doesnt mension it on the web page ?

You think there might be a problem with my burner or player ?
    It works OK with DeepBurner but it leaves the gaps in.
    I have 3 players and two burners all different makes and it gives the same problems with all ?

5. Music   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    The only way to remove them is by using an audio editor. Merging tracks which should flow from one track to the next is virtually impossible when burning directly onto a cd.

The best solution is to rip one track for the whole album, but if you've downloaded the individual tracks you need to merge them using an audio editor first, making a note as you go along where the tracks begin.

You can then generate a cue sheet for this single track. The cue sheet tells the burning software what the actual source file is, where to place the index marks and any cd-text (for track titles) if necessary.

Nero (and others) can be used to burn the cue sheet.

Edit: you can also download track info for your cue sheet from freedb
    Last edited by lynx; 12-19-2004 at 02:04 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.