Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chances of getting caught

I need some quick money fast, and I'm too lazy to work during Christmas.

I know that alot of people sell copied games on Ebay, my question is what are the chance of getting caught if I were to copy a PC game and sell it.
    (It would be in the Item description obviously)

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Downloading a movie/music cd/tv ep/game is ok if your going to enjoy it but if you try to make a profit off of it,well you should get cought.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    You could make up a story that the game is your backup, and that you lost the actual game, and you are giving away the legit serial etc.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    Downloading a movie/music cd/tv ep/game is ok if your going to enjoy it but if you try to make a profit off of it,well you should get cought.
    I'm getting profit just by downloading it.

IMO they are equally as bad

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    nope not really.And im talking about profit money wise
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 12-18-2004 at 10:57 PM.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Yeah, some poor guy manages to get a copy o a release group they spend say 5 hours cracking it, hey then uplosd to ftp wen someone grabs it and uploads i on torrentbits who then seeds to it to everyone. You come along leech the file dont upload at all and then sell it and make profi.

Fuck you, you should get caught. Get a job you lazy cunt. Groups dont go "Ohh fuck im to lazy to crack this, i'll only crack i if everyone who downloads it will pay me"

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I was banned from eBay for years for selling burned (or is it burnt?) cd's on eBay. I sold literally thousands of cd's on there. No legal action was ever taken though. Again, this was back in the early years of eBay. I wouldn't suggest it.

IF you did do it though , you will want to refund the money of ANYONE who has a complaint.

yo

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yea.... better off stuffin tissues in a very busy phone machine's return slot..stuffed high to were you gatta use a tool to get em out. (one near a subway or whatever).
    Come back at the end of the day with a big of tentch and backpack.. Act like your talkin as you let them coins fly into your pack...cheap, and I actually read this in a Anarcists Cookbook.. Silly Sausages...might get busted.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    i wouldnt advise it, though like Skizo says, they usually tell you off before they take any further action (but this is only from what i have heard). just wondering, anyone know, is it legal to actually sell someone a copied cd or something, if they state to you they have the original?

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by exo_body
    i wouldnt advise it, though like Skizo says, they usually tell you off before they take any further action (but this is only from what i have heard). just wondering, anyone know, is it legal to actually sell someone a copied cd or something, if they state to you they have the original?
    Yes. Copies are for personal backups only.

yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast