Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats Better Halo 2 or Half-Life 2

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Dry

Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    Fuck off. Many people agree Halo 2 looks like Halo 1 with a few touch ups, but Half Life 2 is the newest graphics engine and you need a state of the art pc to truly see is amazing power.

So you're attacking my credibility? Maybe the fact that I have an Alienware @ 3.4 ghz with 2 gb of RAM and 6800 GT card is something I should mention, and we all know how easily HL2 can run, it's not a resource hog like Doom3. Halo2's graphics were one of the best this year, comparable to HL2's. So you good sir, or should I say maam as stated 2 times above me, should go fuck yourself. Own3d.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #12
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    So you're attacking my credibility? Maybe the fact that I have an Alienware @ 3.4 ghz with 2 gb of RAM and 6800 GT card is something I should mention, and we all know how easily HL2 can run, it's not a resource hog like Doom3. Halo2's graphics were one of the best this year, comparable to HL2's. So you good sir, or should I say maam as stated 2 times above me, should go fuck yourself. Own3d.
    Yep sheer pwnage right there. Btw, nice PC.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 12-20-2004 at 12:12 AM.

3. Games   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad

Not really,

Halo 2 is amazingly bad in the graphics and how anyone can say its better than Half Life 2 is amazing. Yes my post came across to stong and i proberly should ahve re-worded it.

Half Life 2's graphics are easly better than Doom 3's and Halo 2. Infact Halo 2 looks nothing more than Halo 1, except this time he has a shinny helmet.

Gamestop says:

Half Life 2:
    Graphics - 10

Halo 2
    Graphics - 9
    Infact both Doom 3 and Far Cry also score 10 while Halo 2 is left in the dus with its rather boot shiny helmet and the number 9. No doubt Halo 2's graphics were good and did the job.

The graphics engine on Half Life 2 is also far better, i don't see any rag doll effects in Halo 2, whaat i do see is the same death animtion 100 times.

4. Games   -   #14
    numba1xclusive's Avatar Xclusive Gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    Not really,

Halo 2 is amazingly bad in the graphics and how anyone can say its better than Half Life 2 is amazing. Yes my post came across to stong and i proberly should ahve re-worded it.

Half Life 2's graphics are easly better than Doom 3's and Halo 2. Infact Halo 2 looks nothing more than Halo 1, except this time he has a shinny helmet.

Infact both Doom 3 and Far Cry also score 10 while Halo 2 is left in the dus with its rather boot shiny helmet and the number 9. No doubt Halo 2's graphics were good and did the job.

The graphics engine on Half Life 2 is also far better, i don't see any rag doll effects in Halo 2, whaat i do see is the same death animtion 100 times.
    Agreed. HAlf Life 2 just has a beautiful physics engine. And lets admit it, in Halo, you just dont have that thrill of pickin up explosive cans and chucking them at enemies..

Da Numba1Xclusive King

5. Games   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1xclusive
    Agreed. HAlf Life 2 just has a beautiful physics engine. And lets admit it, in Halo, you just dont have that thrill of pickin up explosive cans and chucking them at enemies..

no, in Halo 2 you get to drive the same stupid car around using the same physics model from the first Game. Woopty-fucking-do

6. Games   -   #16
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

7. Games   -   #17
    half life 2 shits all over halo

8. Games   -   #18
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud.
    half life 2 shits all over halo

Haha great post. One of my favorites.

9. Games   -   #19

Weeee...
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Games   -   #20
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    lol

okay, halo2's graphics sux, and ppl still dont understand that halo2 was never supposed to have a "good" physics engine. Half Life 2 has raised the bar for gaming, even I wont argue there. My point (which half of you probably missed) is that Halo2's graphics are hella good, but pretty bad WHEN COMPARED to HL2.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast