Thread: newsgroups updates

vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    thanks - will try that - the last v i had of NL, the keys kept running out

though any other suggestions gratefully recieved
    <insert signature here>

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    thanks man, it took me a minute or two to find the official grabit website. this search thing is gunna rawk.
    Dunno how long the retention if for the grabit search, but it is possible if the search shows that all files are complete it is possible they are all incomplete @ the newsserver you use.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    what i do if i use the grabit search is to use it to see where a file is, then i update headers in that group, and do it that way
    <insert signature here>

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vivitron 15
    what i do if i use the grabit search is to use it to see where a file is, then i update headers in that group, and do it that way
    you can right click the file from the search results and choose which server you wanna use for downloading.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Dunno how long the retention if for the grabit search, but it is possible if the search shows that all files are complete it is possible they are all incomplete @ the newsserver you use.
    Grabit search uses a website cannot remember which one but the website has 40days retention, only servers like Giganews offer more and thats about 55days on popular groups so thhe 40 days is usually enough for most people who are leeching offer thier ISP .

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    Grabit search uses a website cannot remember which one but the website has 40days retention, only servers like Giganews offer more and thats about 55days on popular groups so thhe 40 days is usually enough for most people who are leeching offer thier ISP .
    I use the server from my ISP (free ) most files become incomplete after 1,5 day

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    I use the server from my ISP (free ) most files become incomplete after 1,5 day
    I use my ISP (5-7days but with no decent groups) and can borrow a giganews account every now and again for hard to find xbox and dvdr files.

Iv done something with some people at fasttracker where we have brought a giganews account and we all pay £3 a month towards it (4 people) and we all get to use it, 1 plug each and it maxes me out. So im set for newsgroups now.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    only thing that i dont like about the search is that you have to add the group to your list before you can download from it. i hope i'm wrong, but thats what i found out.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Generally the GrabIt Search for me will show a file about 10 hours before it gets to me where I can dl it...

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    only thing that i dont like about the search is that you have to add the group to your list before you can download from it. i hope i'm wrong, but thats what i found out.
    I dont nor do I even have to update that group, it just may not be on your server yet or may no longer be...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast