Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much?

Well im my new pc is up and running now and got everything copied over from old hard drive tha i needed so im selling my old pc. However im not sure what a good price would be to sell it. Here are the specs:

2500Xp Barton (I could OC this so on Bootup it would read as a faster CPU=more money )
    512mb ram (PC2700)
    128mb Geforce MX 440
    Either 160gb HDD or 40gb HDD ( I havnt decided which one o include yet, would the 160gb one raise hwe price by much)
    DVD-/+rw
    DVD Rom
    A-Open MK77N-8XM Motherboard (USB 2.0, 100mbit Lan and so on)

I'll include an install of Windows Xp, Office Xp and maybe a few games (Half Life 2 and Doom 3).

What do you think i should sell for (I'll be selling locally in a local newspaper so remember they are likely to be less technical and see 128mb graphics card and think its top of the range.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What's it worth to you?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    What's it worth to you?
    Well im not sure, as i have a new pc now im just looking to get as much money for it as possible.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I would keep the 160 gig for yourself...and sell it as a mid range, non-gaming rig
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    you might get someone who'll pay ya a couple of hundred for it, but i don't see you getting much more than that.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgfoxx
    I would keep the 160 gig for yourself...and sell it as a mid range, non-gaming rig
    Well i have 250gb right now plus either the 40gb or the 160gb. 250gb is enough fro me and i could survive on it. The thing is although the specs dont show it, ity plays games pritty well. Far Cry, Doom 3 and Half Life 2 all look amazing and not much lag on medium settings.

If the 160gb would push the price up enough i'll put it in there but if its not gonna add much i'll keep it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Yep, people expect the whole shibang 2nd hand...monitor, printer, speakers....blah blah...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Yep, people expect the whole shibang 2nd hand...monitor, printer, speakers....blah blah...

No they don't Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Base only !

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    its true, you wont get jack for it without a cheap monitor etc.

think about it, what tech minded person would buy 2nd hand from the paper? and what n00b would buy without monitor etc.

my advice, grab the cheapest 2nd hand 15" you can and sell it as a package, or split it up into pieces...im sure youd offload the HDD and GFx card, RAM and DVD burner (depending on what speed it is)
    <insert signature here>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Retired
    you can donate the 160GB disk 2 me mine stopped working since yesterday

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast