Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For vid, Busyman, et.al.

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    In a recent thread I was, um.....queried rather closely as to the efficacy of my recent vote for George Bush in light of my dissatisfaction with his policy vis-a-vis...I can't even remember, and for my purposes here it doesn't matter.

My board freres were flummoxed at the fact my support for Bush remained, and why I didn't exert my rightful sanction by voting for another candidate or, in the alternative, withholding my support by not voting at all.

They seemed to believe I should adopt their decision-making methodologies (no thank you, much too silly for me ), but, as I stuck to my guns, retreated to a position from which they could snipe that I never initiated a thread that could be construed as viewing a Bush policy with a degree of doubt even minimally reflective of their own; that I "toed the company line" without the slightest deviation.

A few points:

I have made rather pointed remarks quite often about Bush's somewhat profligate spending (though my faith in our economy remains steadfast), his suffering the dilution of his efforts to aid education by misguidedly engaging the help of the Democrats in writing the bills, his Medicaid/prescription medicine debacle, and his mis-handling of NATO business, anent the admittance of Turkey and former Eastern-bloc countries....these are just a few that I recall to you who may or may not remember, or those of you who overlook(ed) them, conveniently or not.

In the end, those members who think I'd do myself credit to block out regular time with which to castigate George Bush so that I might prove myself worthy of their respect might consider that, given their viputeration of the man, and willingness to shine the beacon of negativity on Bush at every opportunity, sufficient effort in that regard absent my own; bashing Bush (and concurrently doing the same to the majority of Americans) is such a popular pastime on this board that I haven't a felt need to join that particular chorus, no matter my feelings about the man or any of his policies.

That is to say, you are doing a fine job without my help, no matter my inclinations otherwise.

Please keep up the good work.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    edit: that might not go down too well

how bout this?

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    you just worry about the blind faith, i'll do the obfuscating
    Last edited by TheDave; 12-22-2004 at 01:00 AM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    edit: that might not go down too well

how bout this?
    I shant grant you a touche without a parsable link, Dave.

Sounds passably familiar, but as to context?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Your paranoyer about what we think of your political views is running amock. To me it seems you are confusing something...to wit... We (or at least I) do understand your views, I just disagree with many of them.
    I have never expected you to join anyone in any kind of "bashing", however if you do put a view contrary to mine forward I have the right to question it, just as i expect you to question my views.

Should i default to agreeing with you?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    What?
    Remove his reason for living?
    Pshaw.

BTW...I don't believe that J2 has ever been paranoid.
    Woefully misguided maybe.....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    In a recent thread I was, um.....queried rather closely as to the efficacy of my recent vote for George Bush in light of my dissatisfaction with his policy vis-a-vis...I can't even remember, and for my purposes here it doesn't matter.

My board freres were flummoxed at the fact my support for Bush remained, and why I didn't exert my rightful sanction by voting for another candidate or, in the alternative, withholding my support by not voting at all.

They seemed to believe I should adopt their decision-making methodologies (no thank you, much too silly for me ), but, as I stuck to my guns, retreated to a position from which they could snipe that I never initiated a thread that could be construed as viewing a Bush policy with a degree of doubt even minimally reflective of their own; that I "toed the company line" without the slightest deviation.
    We are flummoxed that your support remained? (look everyone I used flummoxed in a sentence (see in italics))
    Queried about your recent vote?
    Retreated to a position from which we could snipe?

I don't quite know what you are on about there except maybe the last one.

Most of that is made up crap (excuse my use of simple short words instead of ones like excrement or feculence).

Regarding the last one, most people tend to retreat when faced with indefensible positions. So on that note, the passwords are: Why Put Yourself Out There?
    If a topic of discussion is brought up and no one knows where you stand on it except 'I support Bush' then assumptions are made. Quite simple. An enigma you are not. Voice an opinion or shut-up about folks being perplexed about your position. Poetry can be procured at a library, bookstore, or better yet start a thread in da Lounge.

The soapbox thread was within your right, of course, but rather unecessary.
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-22-2004 at 06:23 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Of course, and without delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    We are flummoxed that your support remained? (look everyone I used flummoxed in a sentence (see in italics))
    Queried about your recent vote?
    Retreated to a position from which we could snipe?

I don't quite know what you are on about there except maybe the last one.

Most of that is made up crap (excuse my use of simple short words instead of ones like excrement or feculence).

Regarding the last one, most people tend to retreat when faced with indefensible positions. So on that note, the passwords are: Why Put Yourself Out There?
    If a topic of discussion is brought up and no one knows where you stand on it except 'I support Bush' then assumptions are made. Quite simple. An enigma you are not. Voice an opinion or shut-up about folks being perplexed about your position. Poetry can be procured at a library, bookstore, or better yet start a thread in da Lounge.

The soapbox thread was within your right, of course, but rather unecessary.
    Feculence?

B.-

As a non-stupid person, you should know better than to "assume"; 'tis my job, after all.

BTW-That's not a "soapbox".

Clocker-

Righto on the paranoia, and thanks for pointing that out; you are the custodian of believability.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    you are the custodian of believability.
    Damn straight.

If I didn't clean up after you wastrels we'd be knee deep in debris within the week.
    Why, every time you drop a pile by that Sowell chap in here it takes me weeks to clean the brown stains out of the carpet.
    I voted for linoleum, but noooooo, hobbes HAD to have white shag.

Damn whippersnappers.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    We'll just have to budget some bonded help to run the Rug Doctor, buddy.

You will (of course) still be in charge of the depository aspects of the operation.

I'll have Hobbes draw up a work order soonest.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    White shag is great camouflage for me. One can never be too careful, as I found out one fateful visit to Colorado.

Can't seem to find that picture of Clocker sizing my weight to calulate cooking time.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast