• Batman

16 32.00%
  • Superman

34 68.00%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Batman VS. Superman

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nsane
    you asked why he didn't wear the suit all the time, because it would be hot a fuck inside that thing

and it's kinda lame how you've ridiculed everyone that's voted superman. it's a topic about a comic book, how can it be serious?!
    It's kind of lame that you think I'm being serious in this thread...

Anyhow back to this suit of Superman's. Isn't he immune to extremes of hot/cold so getting a bit hot in a suit isn't going to worry him too much is it?

2. Lounge   -   #82
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    If it's a super suit then he would get super hot, which would effect him.

Think it thro' man.
    Couldn't he blow a bit of icy breath inside the suit to regulate the temperature to a somewhat desirable level.

Trial and error would suffice as a method, no need to get all complex about it.

Btw, nsane, I too think Cheese is deadly serious about this thread, as am I. However, I'd get really riled up if he said that Batman would pwn Spidey :glare:
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #83
    manker's Avatar effendi
    That just wouldn't work and well you know it. The physics is all skew wiff, don't spam a serious thread with your poorly thought out natural philosophy. Unless it is to post you in t'Dark Knight suit (as promised may I add).
    It would surely work a treat but as more of an idealist than a pragmatist I expected you to find some small fault. It is of little consequence so long as the conditions are workable.

In addition I believe that even without the occasional icy breath Superman would be able to cope.

The cape is a bit poofy
    Last edited by manker; 12-28-2004 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Change of heart about me posting a pic here.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Lounge   -   #84
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I will humour your folly if you wish but you will appreciate that the learned readers realise the point is moot since kryptonite is the only thing that can defeat Superman, therefore a little heat related discomfort will not unduly furrow his brow.

The man can exist in a raging inferno, ffs.

I'll post some more photies over at t'Moderation with a bit of a commentary on the night, maybe in the review section. I got 2 girls to kiss each other

Hope you had a good Christmas, btw.

5. Lounge   -   #85
    nsane's Avatar .
    The cooling simply wouldn't work within such a closed environment.
    unless he had some sort of valve that regulates pressure

@manker - yes, he maybe able to survive infernos. but who said it didn't hurt, well, not really hurt, more of annoying...like getting an indian burn back in grade school
    Last edited by nsane; 12-27-2004 at 09:22 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #86
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'd say that some sort of valve would be a given, for breathage purposes. It could easily be modified to account for the occasional influx of icy air.

Unless you're saying that Superman doesn't have to respire, in which case it would not be such a great leap to theorise that the conditions inside the suit would not necessitate cooling.

Whichever way you look at it, if he was wearing that suit then it would enable Superman to pwn Batman in any circumstance. However, since the suit only existed in a cartoon it is not a permissable stick with which to beat the Batman fanboys.

Damnit.
    Last edited by manker; 12-27-2004 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Clarity

7. Lounge   -   #87
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    ok, would i not be right in saying, theres a way to take supermans powers off him? im sure Bruce could think of a way to trick batman into losing his powers if he really wanted to kill him

8. Lounge   -   #88
    nsane's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by supmanhomepage.com
    - Action Comics #659 (Nov)
    - Roger Stern, Bob Mcleod, Brett Breeding
    - Part Three - using a suit built by Emil, Superman takes the red kryptonite from Luthor; Emil says the red kryptonite is not like green kryptonite; Starman impersonates Superman for a while, but Mxyzptlk says to Luthor it's Starman; Killgrave takes over Stryker's Island, escapes despite efforts of Starman, Superman, Guardian, Gangbuster.
    i now pwn all you fo0s
    Last edited by nsane; 12-27-2004 at 09:55 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #89
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    ok, well in this comic i have, it tells the story of the death of super man. and in his fortress of solitude, theres a room or something that he locks himself in and he loses all his powers (he did it because he killed someone) and then he killed himself by going out into the cold (as he was now human)

10. Lounge   -   #90
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    oh its not the actual comic titles "the death of superman". its one of those comics that re like "what if". you know, like "this is what happened in an alternative universe" kinda thing
    EDIT: its called "Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?"
    Last edited by exo_body; 12-27-2004 at 10:08 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast