• Superman

34 68.00%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman VS. Superman

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I don't either.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Is it an Elseworlds comic or something similar?

They do spin-offs with what-if scenarios, could be one of those...

3. Lounge   -   #63
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    There is a hard-to-find Elseworlds issue out there. This one is called Speeding Bullets and is told by Superman's closest associates. The main idea is that they are convinced that he is the man he is because of where his ship landed, his parents, the influence of Lois Lane and other factors. Only this combination could result in superman. Right?

Kal-El's craft crashed and spotted by a childless couple who returned to their house and treated the boy as their own son. These people are Dr. and Martha Wayne. Kal-El manages to burn the mugger who kills his parents, but not before he discovers he is bullet proof. He represses the memories and eventually becomes a heartless vigilante known as Batman.

Bruce Wayne comes out of hiding and enters the newspaper business by hiring the best; out of work Perry White, Lois Lane and others. The first big story is Lex Luthor's move to Gotham.

Lex Luthor gets to play the part of three separate villains all rolled into one but I won't tell you who or how the heartless Batman becomes Superman, but it was a very entertaining story.
    I had it switched around, he starts as batman and becomes superman. The "Who and How" is all that stuff I said about lois Lane. I don't remember the Lex Luther bit though.

My brother still owns this, I wonder if it's worth anything?
    Last edited by dwightfry; 12-24-2004 at 06:32 PM.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

4. Lounge   -   #64
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Ah

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Oh, and Superman would win, no doubt. You can't forget...superman can turn back time. At the soon as the the battle starts he can just go back to before batman even knew they were going to fight. Then kick him really hard.
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    When has Superman travelled back through time? Except in the lame ass film...

Why doesn't he just do that every time he has to face a bad guy?

"Lex Luthor has kidnapped Lois Lane? I'll just go back in time and stop him. Again."

7. Lounge   -   #67
    I know... it's pretty dumb.
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-

8. Lounge   -   #68
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    yeah but doesnt he mean that Superman doesnt actually have the powers to go back in time? like yeah alot of superheros have storys connected with going back in time (its a favorite with Marvel comics especially) but doesnt he mean that Superman doesnt have the powers to make himself go back in time? (i dont know if this is true as im not that big a Superman fan, ive only read a few comics of his)

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Voted Batman.

Short of the time-travelling scenario I figure superman'd have a problem beating Batman.

Assuming Batman was allowed to fight dirty that is. Since Superman is one of the most overpowered Superheroes in a comicbook ever I don't think batman'd have a chance if he couldn't fight on his own terms.

See, I figure that if he came prepared he'd find a way to beat the snot out of Superman. Whether he'd do it by carrying around some cryptonite in his tool belt or some other cunning method, I say he'd win.

Once read this JLA comic where every hero but Batman had been beaten by the white Martians. Somehow Batman got more of them than anyone else.

Oh, and I have this elseworlds comic, "Darkest Knight", where the last watcher or something lands on the wayne estate. I kinda' dig the Batman/Green Lantern hybrid there. Those Amalgamated heroes are a popular subject in the elseworlds comics.
    Last edited by Snee; 12-26-2004 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Speeling

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Just read the Hush series and in Batman 612 the Dark Knight fights Superman. Pretty good battle, worth reading.

Last edited by Withcheese; 12-26-2004 at 04:09 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast