Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there Hope for Kazaa?

nsane's Avatar .
    well to me the gnutella networks are kinda slow, good for somethings, but still slow

and i like how you removed the part on how to block most fakes, guess it didn't fit you criteria

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    [B]

Hello

I can't connect to kazaalite revolution 2.6 since i installed norton internet security 2005. Any suggestions ?

I also would like a s/n for norton internet security 2005 ..... its on trial for 14 days. Thank you.

Regards
    hdoshi

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by hdoshi
    [B]

Hello

I can't connect to kazaalite revolution 2.6 since i installed norton internet security 2005. Any suggestions ?

I also would like a s/n for norton internet security 2005 ..... its on trial for 14 days. Thank you.

Regards
    hdoshi
    ask santa for xmas 2005

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    ask santa for xmas 2005

have you even looked anywhere Mr Bold?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I'll admit I used to use kazaa back in the day, however that was back when there were on adverage 4mil users.

I've considered making something (not hornetp2p), that would use ants (or another next gen) networking, but look like kazaa. It'd be an easy no brainer client, for noobie windows users. Though it would lack any really advanced features.

I strongly feel that filesharing like kazaa is going to fade into obscurity if not just die outright someday. Sure they could release a new client that is anonymous and secure, etc. But it wouldn't connect to the current fasttrack network. Though at this point since they have lost half thier users, well it'd probably be a good idea. Most of the users that remain are probably poor noobies that are clueless or just not paying attention to anything (due to being too stoned out or something, lol).

Then there is the kazaa lite group which I'm guessing is the much larger percentage of the fasttrack network and is only slightly less clueless than the kazaa users. Still since fasttrack is flooded with so much fakes, corruption, etc. Why wouldn't they just want to break off to form thier own network anyways? Simply code into a new version a feature which detects old versions / kazaa and disconnect from them or something. Then maybe even slowly work on writing a new next gen network into it (like i2p, tor, mute). Finally at some point have both networks enabled, then when most users have upgraded to the latest version, simply disable and drop the old networking from future versions.

Well that's just a idea anyways, lol.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    isamma's Avatar THE OLDEST USER
    development was and will not stop of k-lite.. so noobs or non noobs as u mentioned it
    i will use it because of old files and new ones and fast download speeds and specially for my dial up connection...
    THE BEST WAY TO LIVE IS TO LIVE FREE
    *** FREE PALESTINE ***
    http://www.alhares.org/

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    nsane's Avatar .
    i will use it because of old files and new ones and fast download speeds and specially for my dial up connection...
    dito

8. File Sharing   -   #18

Angry

i've got kazaa, and no there is no hope, i went there to get a certain cd and it only had a handfull of songs off the album, then i went to TORRENTSPY and there it was with covers!!!!

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Fuck Kazaa. Kazaa Lite K++ is the way to go.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    i think its better for things like bittorent to become more popular.
    at least then you have to put a little effort into finding things, and no noobs will piss it up for you.
    i hate to say it, but the noobs messed kazaa up for good.sharing fakes, and not protecting themselves. they asked for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast