Thread: Audio Problem

BluexDreams's Avatar Wha o.O

Surprised/Amazed

(I hope this is the right place to post this)

Few days ago, i had some major problems with the computer. It kept restarting over and over again. I installed windows XP on the other Disk, scanned the computer and there were no viruses. It turned out that i had some problems with the registry due to that fact i use some Regestry tweaks and deleted some files and i had no back-up. ( I know, im so stupid to do such thing)

So anywayz, just today i got back on my feet (I hope). I formatted both disks and everything. Almost everything works fine,except some programs and this thread isn't the category. So my main problem is the Audio. This might sound stupid, but i really don't know whats going on or what am i supposed to do.

After i installed Windows XP Pro. i was no longer able to hear any audio/sound. It says there are no Audio device detected, althought back then when my computer was working just fine..there was audio and sounds and all that. Am i supposed to install some devices off Cd's to be able to listen to sounds? Or the internet will do?

P.s: My previous Os was also Windows XP Pro.
    Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    You probably need to install chipset drivers for your motherboard. These usually include all sorts of bits and pieces to make it work properly (such as IDE, AGP and audio drivers), although the default drivers will usually allow you to get the system up and running.

They should be on the cd that came with your motherboard or pc, but you can often find more up-to-date drivers on the internet.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    They should be on the cd that came with your motherboard or pc, but you can often find more up-to-date drivers on the internet.
    Thanks for the reply .

Apparently, i have got no Cd's that might have what I am looking for. I've got 4 Cd's that came along with the computer. 1 is for Nvidia, and the other 3 are drivers. But when i was tring to install the missing audio drivers off these Cd's..nothing was detected. I do not even know what's the use of those Cd's..

So, from there..do i have any other chances left? And if there's anything on the net..where can i find those drivers at? ^o)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    what make and model is the computer?

or if you know the motherboard make and model that would be better.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Go to Device Manager and see if you have a yellow exclamation point over your audio device.
    If so, click on it and choose to update the driver.
    Let Windows access the interweb and it may find /install the missing driver for you.
    Then again, it may crash your HDD and burst into flames.
    Hard to tell with XP.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Go to Device Manager and see if you have a yellow exclamation point over your audio device.
    If so, click on it and choose to update the driver.
    Let Windows access the interweb and it may find /install the missing driver for you.
    Then again, it may crash your HDD and burst into flames.
    Hard to tell with XP.
    It didn't want to access anything but a Cd location..
    Anywayz, thanks a lot everyone!

I worked it out! XD..this feels soo good!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    how did u fix it?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I recently formatted, and once I did so, did not get any audio from my 5.1 speakers until I installed the latest drivers from the web.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    how did u fix it?

I was looking through my Cd's looking for an Mp3 cd then i found the Intel Express Installer Cd..and i was reading what's on the cd when i found that it had the Audi devices that i might need.

Eh, how stupid i am. I totally forgot that i had this cd..and that it might give me some help.