- Url= http://www.easynews.com.
- Webbased= yes.
- Price= $9.98/month
- Monthly limit= 10 Gigabytes
- Earn 2 free gigs/month for every idle CPU.
- Earn 2 free gigs/month for taking their members survey
- Retention= up to 40 days(HTTP) |up to 45 days(NNTP)
- 98% binary completion.
- Speed= No rate limits. Most Easynews users are able to max out their connection, even full 10mbps ethernet.
- Posting/Uploading privileges= Yes,if asked.(Only possible when paying with credit card)
- Limited (500MB per day|have to check that first though).
- You have to request posting privileges by sending them an e-mail.This is to cut down SPAM posted to USenet through Easynews.
- No identifying information is placed in your Usenet posts. Your posts are virtually anonymous with all X-Headers removed.
I think that covers pretty much everything you need to know.
Maybe some people don't like the fact that there's a montlhy DL limit,but for me it's perfect.I have a 10Gig limit anyway through my ISP,so it doesn't really matter.But you can earn extra Gigs by taking their survey and for every idle CPU.
You also have a gigbank,which means that every byte you don't use in a month will be transfered to the next month.
I already have 51.00 gigabytes in my bank
Another thing I like is that it's webbased.
This means you can browse all groups and download from all groups through your webbrowser.You don't have to dl headers this way.
The only downside is that it's not as fast as dl'ing through your newsreader.
So I would say the webbased dl'ing is only good for picturegroups and small apps and stuff.
If you browse through picturegroups,you get clickable thumbnails so you can see the pictures before you decide to dl them.