Thread: Avi on PS2

Hi I have downloaded a 356mb AVI file and was wondering once put on cd will it work on a ps2? If not is there any way to make it work.

Cheers

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    i think you need to make it into a dvd, they dont read Avi's or SVCD's. so use something like "Winavi" and convert it and burn onto DVD to watch it maybe

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Flametongue
    Hi I have downloaded a 356mb AVI file and was wondering once put on cd will it work on a ps2? If not is there any way to make it work.

Cheers
    there is a disc called Gameshark Media Player which can stream AVIs from a PC to a PS2 via ethernet. i don't know of any other reliable way to do it (aside from converting the AVI to DVD-Video), especially if the PS2 isn't modified.

edit: oh. in the U.S. it's called Gameshark Media Player. the PAL version is named TrendEXpress Medio. they're the same program, essentially, the U.S. and European versions are just licensed to two different publishers. here's a link to info about it: http://www.broadq.com/

i don't think the program is receiving much support from the developer any longer, but it should be priced fairly low as a clearance item at certain stores and the reviews have all said that it does a very nice job of playing AVI files.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-24-2004 at 10:59 PM.