Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Called"friendly Fire"

I just want to vent my frustration at U.S Airforce now. Just this morning's latest episode has left me num. A British convoy of trucks CLEARLY MARKED on recon were atttacked by a U.S fighter. TWICE. Even after the convoy were not retaliating fire and doing there best to signal the U.S aircraft, The U.S fighter opened fire anyway and killed many british soldiers.

The remaining caommander has been interviewed this morning, he's thoughts were:

"THE U.S PILOT HAD NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE! A COWBOY OUT ON A JOLLY!".

I really don't care if any U.S members flame me for this it will just show how Insensitive they are to this war!.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Originally posted by POWER_USER@31 March 2003 - 06:46
    I just want to vent my frustration at U.S Airforce now. Just this morning's latest episode has left me num. A British convoy of trucks CLEARLY MARKED on recon were atttacked by a U.S fighter. TWICE. Even after the convoy were not retaliating fire and doing there best to signal the U.S aircraft, The U.S fighter opened fire anyway and killed many british soldiers.

I really don't care if any U.S members flame me for this it will just show how Insensitive they are to this war!.
    Thanks for inviting me.

Time to burn.

First, you need to grow up and accept the fact that our soldiers are human.
    Humans make mistakes.
    Humans panic.
    Humans freak out.
    Humans can, at times, be insensitive.
    Doesn't make it right.
    Never makes it right.
    But EVERYONE is prone to error.

Even you.

It is a travesty when our men lose their lives due to human error.
    No excuses from me.

But don't get high and mighty about it.

You, in that same situation, are just as prone to mistakes as he was.

Why do you think you waste so much of your life looking for your car keys or wondering what happened to that pen that you were just using. (Its in your hand if you were still wondering).

Our military leaders make mistakes every day.
    Those mistakes also cost lives.

This is not insensitivity talking.
    This is the voice of one who witnessed human error first-hand and had to leave the military because of what I had seen.

I was young and could not accept that the person in charge of our operation could make a mistake.

I assure you, when the pilot realized what he had done, he spent alot of time reflecting on his actions.
    Turning it over and over in his mind.

He will do that for the rest of his life.

Regardless of outward appearances to the contrary.

Please grow up before you add to the torment of someone who will already never forgive themselves for what they did in error.

Peace

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I wasn't going to get involved in this, but I have to agree with you Power User, I am fucking fed up of the yanks killing our men... Don't they get ANY training as to how to tell friend from foe?

So far the UK has confirmed they've lost 25 men.. Only 5 of which were killed by Iraqi's.. The rest have been either accidents, or FuckWit Fire. The only consolation we have is it's not just Brits they do it to, but also themselves.

It was the same in the last Gulf conflict too, and we were told it wouldn't happen again, but it still does, and we don't get an apology, we just get told "Shit Happens..."

Gee thanks, and I'm sure you'd be just as understanding if the boot was on the other foot..... not!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    agree with you, the tank that dumb yank attacked had a big union jack flag on the front for fucksake!

thats 22 british troops now dead due to friendly fire and accidents ALL by the americans and i dont think the british have killed 1 US troop yet

goes to show which army has the better training

and like the guy above said you say all that about these things happen but if it were the british who killed USA you'd all be moaning then

fuck Derby County

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    This really frustraits me beyond belief! I knew someone in the original gulfwar who was killed by the yanks and they have been giving the reputation of killing more allies in some wars than the opposition! I am not anti-american, not at all but with all thier wealth you would think they may invest in a bit more millitary intelligence? I mean, ach whats the use! What really sickens me is the thought that the poor families of these young men fighting for thier country have to be told that they were not killed in battle heroically but destroyed by the starter of this war, thier allie and suposed friend, America.

Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
    What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
    O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
    And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
    O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
    I will say no more, think about it.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    One of the survivors criticised the US pilot for showing "no regard for human life" and accused him of being "a cowboy" who had "gone out on a jolly".

The US A-10 aircraft circled and came around for a second attack
    Another survivor said he stumbled out of the burning wreckage of his light tank and waved frantically to the American pilot to try to halt his second attack.
    that was taken from BBC Website

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by POWER_USER@31 March 2003 - 12:46

Respectfuly:

How can you say these things?

Do you think that The U.S. sets out to shoot it's hand? No, The main goal is not to open fire on our own support, if so , what's to GAIN.

These are really hard times for all troops involved, They are doing as best they can.

I greive the loss of Your fellow Countrymen, but I also beileve it is a risk and danger that is taken into consideration by both sides.

I hope these accidents are monuments that we can learn from to prevent future occurances.

As I posted to you earlier:
    BELOW.

QUOTE,

If your hard drive isn't compatible with your cd drive, or driver with os does that mean that one is lesser, or that maybe it can be fixxed by a commuication alteration?

That is the comparison that you used in a team work related effort.

Let's look at the platform, It is very time consuming, and expensive to try interface every single faccet of this TEAM EFFORT.

I would think that one knows what they are exposed to when they are serving there Countries forces. Thus, meaning they know what the consiquinces are. That's that.

Last, military only acts as a chess board to the player, so mililtary acts as a catylst to create or prevent an action. And just my own thought, when or if you are in a team activity, do you always look for ways to help and support your victory, or do you blame your TEAM MATES for mistakes that led to failure.

Just a thought

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by barbarossa@31 March 2003 - 13:52
    I wasn't going to get involved in this, but I have to agree with you Power User, I am fucking fed up of the yanks killing our men... Don't they get ANY training as to how to tell friend from foe?

So far the UK has confirmed they've lost 25 men.. Only 5 of which were killed by Iraqi's.. The rest have been either accidents, or FuckWit Fire. The only consolation we have is it's not just Brits they do it to, but also themselves.

It was the same in the last Gulf conflict too, and we were told it wouldn't happen again, but it still does, and we don't get an apology, we just get told "Shit Happens..."

Gee thanks, and I'm sure you'd be just as understanding if the boot was on the other foot..... not!
    I can see your point of view, but you crying won't bring them back. This is an article sent to me from one of my Proffesors.

BTW, I didn't write or approve of this statement completely.

Quote.
    February 14, 2003.
    Today it was reported that severe earthquakes have occurred in 10 different locations in France. The severity was measured in excess of 10 on the Richter Scale. The cause was the 56,681 dead American soldiers buried in French soil rolling over in their graves. According to the American Battle Monuments Commission there are 26,255 Yankee dead from World War I buried in 4 cemeteries in France. There are 30,426 American dead from World War II buried in 6 cemeteries in France. These 56,681 brave American heroes died in their youth to liberate a country which is guilty of shameful unspeakable behavior in the 21st century. May the United States of America never forget their sacrifice as we find ways to forcefully deal with the Godforsaken unappreciative, forgetful country of France!
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-02-2007 at 03:52 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    What has France got to do with anything on this thread?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    OOpps, I posted by accident,

I guess I am stupid to?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast