Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Asia Quake

zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    they will be the last to be helped

the small people

2. The Drawing Room   -   #112
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    ... .And mogadishu is right, Fox News is a right-winged conservative-republican biased channel, mainly covering Iraq and Bush....
    Sorry, but you and Mogadishu are both wrong.

I have the telly on at work all day; the tsunami story accounts for about 90% of FOXNEWS' programming.

You obviously believe this is insufficient.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #113
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    @mogadishu, what else do you expect? thank god i dont' watch fox.

100,000+ dead, ouch serious ouch. may god have mercy on the people over there and ease their pains.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #114
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    A Distaster of epic proportions...no doubt the death toll will continue to rise for some time.

I will give a little at each collection point I see, and hope to help make some small difference.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #115
    @Sara, yes no doubt it's an epic disaster, biggest one probably in my life so far. I'm getting my pay cheque next week, will donate. And the fact that the death toll will keep rising is unsettling but reality I guess.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #116
    I am thinking about Sam4, who many of you know despite his absence. His wife had taken their baby to Thailand, wasn't it? Hope all is well with Sam and his daughter.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #117
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I wish to humbly beg that, for the time being, we defer any political insinuation with regard to this disaster?

It is difficult to evince the proper mien while others insist on honing their little daggers.

There will be time for that later, perhaps we might persuade you to keep your powder dry until we are done counting the bodies?
    I agree - indeed, lets keep our powder for other matters. This one is purely a case of hoping that there is some solace and peace for the survivors. This is all more ghastly than words can say. It transcends partisan politics and it is pleasing to see so many resources being committed from all parts of the world.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #118

Dry

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I agree - indeed, lets keep our powder for other matters. This one is purely a case of hoping that there is some solace and peace for the survivors. This is all more ghastly than words can say. It transcends partisan politics and it is pleasing to see so many resources being committed from all parts of the world.

I also agree. I'm sorry for any remarks that I may have made, directly or indirectly. It makes me feel a lot better to see that the whole world is contributing to this, honestly this being the worst of times is also turning out to be the best of times in humanity in the fact that people that live half way around the world are opening up their hearts. So for now, please, keep politics out of this.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #119
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    I am thinking about Sam4, who many of you know despite his absence. His wife had taken their baby to Thailand, wasn't it? Hope all is well with Sam and his daughter.
    I'll inquire at R & C's immediately...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #120
    Hope they're alright.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast