Thread: Windows Help Needed

Fire Fox Fan
    Hi

I was wondering, whats the feature used when you want Windows to work at a lot rate so the harddrive doesn't generate much noise, but stays on.

I'm downloading a 1000mb file and need the computer on over night, but it generate too much noise for anyone to get to sleep at its current state.

Anyone know the feature? :|

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    There are literary 100000s of tweaks for what your looking for
    other than putting you pc in an other room or case modding
    i suggest you start by minimizing the processes which are running on your pc
    look on google for "blackviper services" scroll to bottom to the table and disable the necessary tweaks "safe mode" style
    option 000.02
    is lower the download speed (and upload)
    edit settings in the dwnldr prog
    or use netlimiter
    look on tweakxp.com for more systm performance tweaks
    and in the "guides" section in this forum look in the "spped boot" guide for relevant issues
    goodnight

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    oddly, the reason you want to keep your PC running won't allow it to go into a "sleep" mode since the hard drive is constantly writing as you're downloading.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by summond_skull
    Hi

I was wondering, whats the feature used when you want Windows to work at a lot rate so the harddrive doesn't generate much noise, but stays on.

I'm downloading a 1000mb file and need the computer on over night, but it generate too much noise for anyone to get to sleep at its current state.

Anyone know the feature? :|
    Maybe you need to defrag?

What are you downloading? Some older bittorrent clients write constantly write data to the hard disk, also if your downloading off a website and you areusing a download manger, it could be also be causing the noise.

Of course, a new hard drive with at least a 8 MB cache and liquid barring would be best.
    Last edited by Ariel_001; 12-29-2004 at 06:09 AM.