Thread: Gonna Buy an X-Box

Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    gonna get it from Game or somewhere second hand, i was hoping some of the x-box guys here could tell me what to look out for, i.e. what serial numbers are best for soft modding and what to avoid. i am only buying second hand cos it will be easier to soft mod i think, i have read singaboiy's guide to soft modding all 27 pages of it, and its now 3am and i am tired but want an x-box, please help me. thanks.

2. Games   -   #2
    Version doesnt matter for the softmod method. I would suggest getting a new one... they read discs much better. :p
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Games   -   #3
    what about crystal or other new sort of shit. now sure if you get a slim xbox like te new slim ps2?

4. Games   -   #4
    All Xboxes in the Uk have the shitty Xbox drive so don't read most Discs. They do red some really chep Infitit Samuria ffrom Ebuyer though which is good. All Uk Xboxes have he Thompson drive.

5. Games   -   #5
    cheers peerz, 84% btw.

6. Games   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    Thomson are fine, they read all the DVD-R I throw at them. You're just lucky if you can play CD-RW in them.

Real modchips are only £20 or less from www.kanection.co.uk . You need to solder quite a bit, but the plus is you don't need a memory card, action replay... all that stuff softmodding needs.
    I ordered from there and I think Peerzy did too, its fast and safe.

7. Games   -   #7
    all you need to soft mod is action replay For £18.00 and a james bond game i picked one up for £10 at gamestation.

so its cheaper than getting a modchip and alot safer

8. Games   -   #8
    The only reason i neve looked into softmodding was because i could never get the xbox to ftp properly. Its like some evil curse that i will never be able to ftp to my xbox, not sure why either. But i know you need to do some ftping with a softmod.

If you have trouble wih connections, ports, routers and other shit its gonna be less trouble just to solder chip it. Its not hard, put a little pin thing into the xbox then solder 1 wire.

9. Games   -   #9
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    lucky you, wish i could get a new xbox, i got one of the old ones someone mentioned, dirty disc error's on brand new games with NO scratches, failed to load error's on XBL. pain in the ass.