Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New SP: Chaos Theory screenshots (xbox)

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Question Mark

New SP:CT Screen Shots (xbox vers.) looks freakin awesome.

SOURCE: http://www.megagames.com/news/html/c...ewimages.shtml

Sam Fisher is embarking on a new mission to salvage world peace in the face of his most nefarious foes ever. Gamers worldwide will get to experience Sam's latest series of objectives – along with the co-op and versus multiplayer modes – in March 2005
    For now, 5 new screens deliver a taste of the game’s highly enhanced graphics, realistic light and shadow, and, of course, Sam Fisher – operating undetected with a host of new gadgets and moves, closer to the enemy than ever before.

These 5 new screenshots, taken from the single player campaign, illustrate the beauty generated by the Splinter Cell Chaos Theory graphic engine. Soft shadows, dynamic lighting system, material reflections, and normal mapping bring a level of details never reached before in a video game.

The new images showcase the incredibly detailed work that has gone into textures and lighting as can be seen on the paved floor in one of the images where the depth perception alone is very impressive.

Another image highlights candle light reflection on glass and the detailed facial expression of the NPC.

In the image with Sam fixed above his enemy, all shadows look very smooth and give real authenticity to the environment.

The other images showcase the use of volumetric water steam with real time light reflection and the impressive use of floor texturing, with normal mapping effects and the detailed backgrounds.

enjoy.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 12-29-2004 at 12:35 PM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Nice meng

3. Games   -   #3
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    damn thoses screenshots look hot!

4. Games   -   #4
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    wow that looks amazing, i've never even played anygame by sam fisher, i might have to look into this. if it's anything like rainbow six, i'd probably get my ass handed to me, that game was hard, i dont think i got past the training deck, where your objective is to make it to the 2nd building, down the stairs to the target, snipers always got my ass. makes me wanna play it now, grrrr no dreamcast either

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Pretty sure the game is by Tom Clancy.... Sam Fisher is the character..

no big. and its really realistic and hard liek Rainbow Six. I dont have the patience for it

6. Games   -   #6
    True, you'll need a shitload of patience for the Splinter Cell series, only reason I like it is cuz it's that real, one wrong move and you're pretty much screwed.

7. Games   -   #7
    i'm looking for some more screenies to post, will do when i find em (new ones, not old ones)

8. Games   -   #8

9. Games   -   #9
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    i could do that, but i dont want too

10. Games   -   #10
    could do what ? (patience? oh man first time i played SP i was like fuck that, now i cant get enough it).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast