Thread: Brothers In Arms

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Question Mark

The authenticity movie finally. Enjoy, can't wait for this release, seriously, Ubisoft fuckin owns (SP:CT, BiA, and a shitload more , death to EA games)

source: http://www.megagames.com/news/html/m...itymovie.shtml

Ubisoft has released a new video detailing the lengths to which Gearbox has gone in order to ensure that Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30, is as authentic as possible. The video describes the extent of the developer's research and also includes impressive in-game footage. As any added bonus, viewers get to watch programmers firing old firearms which in itself makes this video a worthwhile addition to your download list.

Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30 is advertised as being based on a true story and is set during the famous airdrop before the invasion at Normandy when Sgt. Matt Baker and his squad of 101st Airborne paratroopers were scattered over the French countryside. As the story unfolds, the player (Baker) must choose between the success of his mission and the lives of his men – his brothers in arms.

Features:

- One of a Kind: Brothers in Arms is the only first-person tactical shooter set in WWII.
    - Real Military Tactics: Intuitive and easy-to-use squad controls appeal to both the hardcore and mainstream gaming audience.
    - Real Soldiers: Featuring a cast of more than 20 characters, each having a distinctly unique personality, appearance and style.
    - Revolutionary AI System: Allies and enemies use the standard operating procedures of fire and maneuver to flank and kill their foes.
    - Unprecedented Authenticity: Historically accurate and detailed battlefields, events and equipment recreated from Army Signal Corps photos, Aerial Reconnaissance Imagery and eyewitness accounts.
    - Innovative Multiplayer: Players command three-man AI teams in a battle of wits and skill to accomplish exciting objectives.
    - Award-Winning Team: Gearbox Software, creators of Half-Life Opposing Force; developers of James Bond: Nightfire, Counter-Strike and Halo (PC).

movie: http://www.megagames.com/news/redir....armsr15762.zip

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #2
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=4280&type=wmv

looks like its gonna beat CoD at its own game. dont know about teh gore though

oops. same movie, just faster dl
    Last edited by TheDave; 12-29-2004 at 12:58 PM.

3. Games   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    arent u a lil bit late :lo:l
    there's been a thread about it waaaaay back, anyway am waitng for it too in mean while am playing MOHPA(had it but didnt play it cuz of Hl2).

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Games   -   #4
    yes i remember that thread, hell i posted a lot in that thread, i guess this a kind of "reminder thread" if you will, plus the vid. as for the gore? the vid says u'll be able to blow of limbs and what not, and I did see ragdoll phyics in that vid, can't wait. seems like March 2005 is gonna kick ass (just like November 2004).

5. Games   -   #5
    and what i mean by march 2005:

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (!)
    Brothers in Arms (!)
    Far Cry: Instincts
    25 to life
    Doom 3 (xbox vers finally)
    Doom 3: Expansion (Resurrection of Evil)
    Hitman 4 (!)
    Painkiller (xbox vers)

(!)=fuck ya

6. Games   -   #6
    Hitman should be interesting, but im looking forward to Battlefield 2, Black and White 2, and GTA SA on the PC
    -TiMz

7. Games   -   #7
    n18's Avatar Death God
    God i'm going to love my xbox in 2005

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by n18
    God i'm going to love my xbox in 2005

My point exactly I'm guessing I'm gonna be spending a good $180-200+ right around March (or b4, definately gonna pre-order SP: CT and BiA). God I can't wait

9. Games   -   #9
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    great this just made my list. looks to good to pass up.

10. Games   -   #10
    yup