Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port 4662 Is Not Reachable Check Network

Pls help!
    I am using a cable modem with router (befsr41), Win XP Pro, Emule pro and norton antivirus and norton internet security. I had went to see the FAQS in bith emule and edonkey. I just cant solve the "is not contactable" problem. Anybody pls help. This is what i done:

Win pro firewall-off
    router configure according to emule faqs using w upnp and port triggering.
    inernet security to permit emule to outbound and inbound transfer.

my error message in emule is:
    ERROR: Your port 4662 is not reachable. You have a LOWID http://www.edonkey2000.com/documentation/lowid.html ! Please correct your network config !

This is what i get in connection test:
    error/resest on ip 202.156.2.91!

Pls pls help. Been pondering over it for a few days and nights. Still cant figure out what and where went wrong. Outbound transfer is quite moderate but inbound always at 0-4 maximum despite about 300-400 sources.

Pls help thanks in advance. Hope to get enlighten!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Try here: http://www.emule-project.net/

Click on FAQ

> English
    > Ports, Firewalls & Routers
    > Routers
    > Linksys BEFSR41

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Tks, I HAD ALREADY DONE what was stated on the faq!!!
    Can anybody suggest what went wrong beside refering me to the faqs. I had already went there countless times. Done what they say but error still comes up.

ANYONE???

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    I get this problem as well and have also tried the FAQ solutions. The only thing I've found that works for me is to disable my Norton firewall then connect to a server then enable the firewall. You only stay unprotected for a minute or two so it's not a major problem.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    imported_The__One
    I had that exact same problem, and disabling the firewall didn't help at all, nither did changing the port (to port 80, for example, wich is usually open)...I was getting pretty desprate, when suddenly I started getting high ID's again....all I did was hait a few hours ....

I know this wasn't exacly helpfull, but maby the same thing will happen to U....

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thanks brothers. Sign, it still doesnt work. It was even worst when i test it at the connection test. Now the error says it did not even get an respond. Can anyone tell me how to open my port.????

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    This might be a dumb question, but did you try connecting to a different server? I get the LOWID error sometimes too, but the way I understand it, that's because of a bug in the software some servers are using. If I double-click on another server on the list, it usually connects fine. As for the slow downloads, that's common too. It only goes faster after you've uploaded a certain amount of files to other users.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    You cannot get a HighID if you are behind a router or network hub. Emule is designed to connected to your machine directly thru an open port. The program will still work when you use a router or hub, but you won't get a HighID. Changing ports won't help, nor will adding/removing the firewall.
    Proud member of MDS

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Untrue. I'm behind a network hub and I consistently get a High ID.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Jibbler@5 April 2003 - 10:11
    You cannot get a HighID if you are behind a router or network hub. Emule is designed to connected to your machine directly thru an open port. The program will still work when you use a router or hub, but you won't get a HighID. Changing ports won't help, nor will adding/removing the firewall.
    Where exactly did you hear this at????
    I have a router and my ID right now is

"4/5/2003 12:40:06 AM: New clientid is 4160414220"

I just connected and got that, but that's what i usually get though.. All you need to do to get a high ID is set your router up right... Like for mine (a linksys befsr41) i set it up how they say at the emule faq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast