Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There's one rule for them ....

manker's Avatar effendi
    I think a few chavs are missing the point. I dont normally buy stuff for the kitchen, don't think I ever have before, but since I get stuff for the office at birthdays and Xmas I thought it was OK. Especially since it was only one of a load of pressies (stuff she really wanted.)

My point was that there is one rule for them and another for us. I get stuff for work and act all gracious but then when I do something similar I get the piss taken. It doesn't bother me that much, I do laugh along - hence this thread. I just thought it was a funny female nuance

Looks like my missus (I'm not married, just hate using the term 'partner') is pretty indicative of women in general - one rule for them and another for us

-------

Great pic, spd

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Manker,

As I understand it your good Lady is employed outside of the house. This being the case what makes your galley her place of work any more so than it is yours. Unless of course she does all of the cookage and cleanery, in which case you Sir are a cad.

I agree with Big Les, some sweaty loving is t'only solution.
    Sweaty loving is a given anyway, isn't it

We're both crap cooks and use the kitchen equally for that purpose. However she also uses it for leisure, as is the odd tradition in her family - her guests have tea and coffee in the kitchen so she wants it to look nice in there and has decorated accordingly (with teh chromage.)

I could care not one jot as I spend most of my time where the TV and computer is.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    Okay, Manker, here is how I see the situation, for what it is worth.

If I was decorating my kitchen with chrome motiff, I would buy little bits and pieces here and there myself. But I probably couldn't justify the expense of a large trash bin. But I would know that a large chrome trashcan would be just the thing to bring the look together. I would love it therefore if I received it as a gift. After all, you did say you got her various other gifts, too. I like that bin. (I am thinking scotch tape would stick to it very well, for little notes the trash will leave you to take it out. ) Therefore, I think if your missus wants to pout, you let her and go on yourself about your business as if you don't notice. She will surely work through it and realize your good intentions at helping her decorate in a fine manner. She will eventually be grateful to you everytime she notices how that large chrome bin is just the piece that pulls her decorating scheme together.

Now, to address an underlying issue here, Manker........you implied that the trash bin is for her work, while the gifts she gave you are for your work......????? Therefore, she has to always take the trash out???????

And Mr. J2......you be 'itching for a bitching' or 'cruising for a brusing'????

4. Lounge   -   #34
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i think all men should take maker's lead and buy women pens for christmas

5. Lounge   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Okay, Manker, here is how I see the situation, for what it is worth.

If I was decorating my kitchen with chrome motiff, I would buy little bits and pieces here and there myself. But I probably couldn't justify the expense of a large trash bin. But I would know that a large chrome trashcan would be just the thing to bring the look together. I would love it therefore if I received it as a gift. After all, you did say you got her various other gifts, too. I like that bin. (I am thinking scotch tape would stick to it very well, for little notes the trash will leave you to take it out. ) Therefore, I think if your missus wants to pout, you let her and go on yourself about your business as if you don't notice. She will surely work through it and realize your good intentions at helping her decorate in a fine manner. She will eventually be grateful to you everytime she notices how that large chrome bin is just the piece that pulls her decorating scheme together.

Now, to address an underlying issue here, Manker........you implied that the trash bin is for her work, while the gifts she gave you are for your work......????? Therefore, she has to always take the trash out???????

And Mr. J2......you be 'itching for a bitching' or 'cruising for a brusing'????
    I think you're wonderful

That is how I wanted her to see it. The bin was kinda expensive and the one we had before was plastic and looked a bit ... rubbish. She may even see it that way but has been egged on by the other chavs in my family who delight, as I do, in taking the mickey.

As to the underlying issue, my analogy was merely to demonstrate that I receive tools for things I don't particularly like to do as gifts and am greatful for them, so what's the difference with this bin. Whoever fills the bin empties it in our house. That's the general rule

6. Lounge   -   #36
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i think its the same all over the uk and ireland

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I think you're wonderful ty

That is how I wanted her to see it. The bin was kinda expensive and the one we had before was plastic and looked a bit ... rubbish. She may even see it that way but has been egged on by the other chavs in my family who delight, as I do, in taking the mickey. I just know then you made the right choice, she will love it, but also love teasing you about it, no?

As to the underlying issue, my analogy was merely to demonstrate that I receive tools for things I don't particularly like to do as gifts and am greatful for them, so what's the difference with this bin. Whoever fills the bin empties it in our house. That's the general rule
    Okay, agreed upon rules work. Here, I collect all the little bin's trash around the house and put in the big bin and then he takes it to the large dumpster in the alley. (we will not get into his large collection of construction materials in the back yard that make it hazardous to get to the alley and whose mere existence have resulted in a few choice words being thrown about when I have had to find my way through the maze) Once again, whatever keeps the peace and is agreed upon, works!

8. Lounge   -   #38
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Too much cunting about at school methinks.
    That did make me lol

She is of Irish descent, that would explain it altho' with regard to the grammatical correction I feel compelled to make a small note of my prior knowledge that the PC and TV are at different ends of the same room. So, at least in my mind's eye, the error is forgivable.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    My point was that there is one rule for them and another for us. I get stuff for work and act all gracious but then when I do something similar I get the piss taken. It doesn't bother me that much, I do laugh along - hence this thread. I just thought it was a funny female nuance
    Was it really similar tho'?

I mean, she gave you stuff for work and you gave her stuff she could use in the kitchen.

If I was one of them girly feminisys I'd say that was kinda' sexististicsikt.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Only similar in the sense that the gifts are tools to facilitate a job that we don't find pleasurable.

I think we'd covered that tho'

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast