Thread: Ghost 9.0 "Symantec Recovery Disk "

Have downloaded Norton System Works Premier containing Ghost 9.0, but to restore Windows using it, it appears I need a "Symantec Recovery Disk" which is supposed to be available with NSW Premier. Have searched the help files on NSW but can not find any reference to this disk.
    If I can't restore the system with this version of Ghost, what good is it?
    Can anyone tell me where to find this "Symantec Recovery Disk "
    Many Thanks for any help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Browse your cd it should be there. It's Norton Ghost 2003. Setup and readme files. Sorry Ken I lied Norton ghost 9 is there aswell . Read some where ,

"
    Currently, the Norton Recovery Disks only work for computers using the FAT/ FAT32 file system, including Windows95/98/ME. Generally, they will not work on Windows NT, Windows2000 or WindowsXP, which use the NTFS file system. They will not work on Macintosh Computers." Wonder if that's true.
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-01-2005 at 05:43 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ok Peat. Many Thanks for that.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Burn the Image(NSW2005, Its bootable!!) boot with it and ull see the recovery there u can load image from CD, DVD or HDD.
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 01-02-2005 at 01:30 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I have just Googled to try and find out how to make an ISO from an extracted RAR but didnt find the answer. According to the Sticky topic above, it seems I should have an 001 file but I dont.
    When I extract the Rar, I just have a list of Norton programs and a few dll files.
    Can anyone help me convert the Rar to an image file please
    Last edited by kennyboy; 01-03-2005 at 12:17 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Might be stupid thought here. What happens when you rename the .rar to .iso? And burn that?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    Might be stupid thought here. What happens when you rename the .rar to .iso? And burn that?
    OK Will try that. Thanks

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    if u got all nessosery file including booting file u can just copy them to a cd and try it then.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button