Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overclocking

so how you do that?!?!? lol.... >> topic of the day >> overclocking

any benefits
    any disadvantages

would you recommend doing it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT BUT ILL SOEND TUPPENCE, I SEEN AN ARTICLE ABOUT IT THEY SAY ITS GOOD BUT PUTS EXTRA STRAIN ON UR COMPONENTS;IE CRASHES MORE OFTEN, ALSO U NEED TO UPGRAZDE UR FAN TO A WINDMILL FOR IT TO COOL DOWN!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Overclocking allows you to realize the full potential of your CPU. However, this is a very grey area, where damage your CPU could leave your machine inoperable. The end result is generally not worth the effort, and I don't recommend it unless you are experienced with clock and bus speeds, and proper cooling of your CPU.
    Proud member of MDS

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    any articles regarding it?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    It basically allows you to "push" your computer for that extra mile for performance. Basically it just makes your computer run at a pace faster than that set by the manufacturer =)

contary to popular belief, sensible overclocking ( abt 10% i think ) doesn't leave you high and dry with the most expensive paperweight in the world. Most newer CPUs and mobos will shut down your computer whenever it gets too hot or the voltage is too high. Then again, you'll have to make sure that your mobo/CPU supports it ...

just a questions though ... is the a way to overclock a Athlon classic 750 without the use of a goldfinger ? i'm running on a Asus k7v mobo with 512 NCP ram and GF4 Ti4200

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    visit Tom's Hardware Guide for detailed instructions, walkthroughs and advices =)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    err i tried looking for it there got confusing couldnt find it... direct link would be better sorry for inconvience

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Well overclockijg is a huge topic and can be dicussed forever.

Now what do u want to overclock? Video card or processor.

Now i know how to overlcok an amd athlon xp just go to http://www.tweaktown.com It tells u exactly how to do it abd everything.

Now there is many things u need to take in consideration. One of them being cooling. Cooling is #1 prioority.

Like mentioned above the best souce for overclocking i would have to agree is htttp:///www.tomshardwareguide.com

Now overclocking is nto easy and n00bs should not mess with it. When overclocking u are voiding the warranty and could cause damamge to the pc.

So good luck!!!!!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    is it possible to overclock a Radeon 7000 64mb agp card? sites??

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    yes it is.

I over clock my geforce 4, of course i can over clock it somewhat, still under warrenty, cuz its a gainward golden sample, but i go even further, runs great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast