Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo owner Hiroshi Yamaushi owns MS CEO!

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    who plays consoles online anyway (tunnelling software excluded as that exists for gc anyway)

they're way way ahead with the quality of multiplayer games, you just cant play em online. anyway part of the fun is punching gits for git tactics.

it maybe an age old fanboy cliche but you should care as nintendo's philosophy is whats stopping rivals putting out more shit and less quality games

2. Games   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    who plays consoles online anyway (tunnelling software excluded as that exists for gc anyway)

they're way way ahead with the quality of multiplayer games, you just cant play em online. anyway part of the fun is punching gits for git tactics.

it maybe an age old fanboy cliche but you should care as nintendo's philosophy is whats stopping rivals putting out more shit and less quality games
    You're right. It's an old fanboy cliche.

What's stops rivals from putting out more shit is simple competition.

Put out to much shit and that equals less sales.

As far as online console play, you haven't a clue.

Bottomline:

The GC stumbled by not having DVD capability.
    The GC stumbled with it's lackluster online capability.
    The GC stumbled with it's lack of great games:number of games ratio.

I would love to have more good GC games. The problem is not enough were made in the first place.

btw Luigi's Mansion (which I have) is not a great game. An ok game but not a great game whatsoever. (you forgot Ikaruga)

The PS2's list would top the GC's in a heartbeat.

Devil May Cry
    Castlevania
    Gran Turismo
    R-Type Final

You are a fanboy.

I recognize each system for what it is. The GC is good for it's paltry number of exclusives and that is all.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Games   -   #23
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    devil may cry is a very bad game (IMHO)

did ikaruga not come out on ps2 and dreamcast

i know its simple competition and nintendo's dedication to quality is what keeps rivals on their toes, even if they're beating nintendo in sales

4. Games   -   #24
    devil may cry is a very bad game (IMHO)

did ikaruga not come out on ps2 and dreamcast

i know its simple competition and nintendo's dedication to quality is what keeps rivals on their toes, even if they're beating nintendo in sales
    I didn't know PS2 had Ikaruga.

Competition in general keeps rivals on their toes.

If there was no Nintendo, Sony couldn't slack off because there's still Xbox. If not Xbox someone else would rise to the challenge.

GC is not the end all be all. It's my least played system and for good reason.

NOT ENOUGH GOOD GAMES.

So you think DMC is a very bad game but Luigi's Mansion is good.

What games that you played do you think are good for the GC then? (besides the 4 you named)
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-10-2005 at 06:40 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Games   -   #25
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    He sounds like a narrow-minded old man.

But it's true that nintendo does seem to go for originality and quality rather than pure profit.

And japanese workers and businessmen do seem have a different, more dutybound mentality compared to others.

EDit: no one had to harness the power of the atom to beat them tho', that was overkill, as the allies were already winning.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-10-2005 at 06:52 PM.

6. Games   -   #26
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I didn't know PS2 had Ikaruga.

Competition in general keeps rivals on their toes.

If there was no Nintendo, Sony couldn't slack off because there's still Xbox. If not Xbox someone else would rise to the challenge.

GC is not the end all be all. It's my least played system and for good reason.

NOT ENOUGH GOOD GAMES.

So you think DMC is a very bad game but Luigi's Mansion is good.

What games that you played do you think are good for the GC then? (besides the 4 you named)
    i own most of the games we've mentioned. devil may cry 2, (i cant remember what the first is like ) has a crap engine and every fight can be done the same way. jump in a circle and shoot :yawn:

GC is the least played system for a bad reason, a very bad reason. according to many 13 year olds the GC is made for kids and the ps2 is for adults.

nobody wants to play a kids game like mario or zelda. they wanna play a hardcore adult game like tomb raider or devil may cry. they dont even have to be good, just throw in some tits and expletives and your laughing

7. Games   -   #27
    i own most of the games we've mentioned. devil may cry 2, (i cant remember what the first is like ) has a crap engine and every fight can be done the same way. jump in a circle and shoot :yawn:

GC is the least played system for a bad reason, a very bad reason. according to many 13 year olds the GC is made for kids and the ps2 is for adults.

nobody wants to play a kids game like mario or zelda. they wanna play a hardcore adult game like tomb raider or devil may cry. they dont even have to be good, just throw in some tits and expletives and your laughing
    Well you buy into hype and rumour.

I bet the Xbox is just a crap PC too huh?

DMC 2 was shit. If you can't even remember part 1 then you have no room to base opinion.

You say that GC is the least played for your hyped reason.

Games without substance end up being exposed for what they are.

Tomb Raider used to be a good series. DMC has no expletives. BMX XXX was shit. GTA is a good series without the hardcore. It has the freedom.

DOA for instance is a good fighter that has tits, Very simple.

How many good fighters does the GC have?
    How many good shooters, FPS, platformers, etc.........

Ratchet & Clank isn't a hardcore adult game...it's just great.

The thing is people don't play a GC as much because they are done with it already.

I will be getting RE4 this week however.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-10-2005 at 07:40 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Games   -   #28
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    You are both subjective.

The thing is, that hardwarewise the xbox may be a bit sharper when it comes to graphics and storage. Whereas the gamecube's strengths lie in it's originality both when it comes to structure in the way the software is built and the way the machine is built.

The xbox does come closer to being a sort of pc, which is good in that it's easy to port to and from, and bad in that whatever it can do a pc can probably do too.

EDit: The rest is just personal opinion as to whether one game is good and another is not.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-10-2005 at 07:56 PM.

9. Games   -   #29
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i'm talking about more people than you, and thats the reason sony and microsoft sell more than nintendo.

they got a few good shooters, e.g. timesplitters 2 and XIII
    they got a few good beat em ups too, e.g. smash bros and soul caliber 2

10. Games   -   #30
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    nintendo faboys are really annoying eh, Busyman ?
    Last edited by Formula1; 01-10-2005 at 07:55 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast