Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just completed building a PC with help from a friend.

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Thanks to help from a friend of mine, he was able to help me build up a pc , and it was able to boot up to window successfully

My question is that , i'm if any one could please give me some sort of procedure to be able to connect to the internet ? I went through the process in window by selecting "I connection to the internet using a cable modem, and also i am behind a linksys router. When i open the IE browser window , i get the page cannot be displayed message. I'm if anyone knows the solution of me being able to connect to the pc please ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dudevenezuela's Avatar VIP
    What kind of connection are u using ?

what kind of modem ?

Remeber to set up right all the firewalls

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    try running the new connection wizard (again) and make sure to choose "this computer is connected through a residential gateway" or something along those lines.

Actually another idea is to right click my comp>manage>click "device manager" and make sure that the network card is installed. If the ehternet\network device comes up with a "!" or "?" next to it then it is not installed correctly.
    To install it you need to install the drivers that came with your network card or motherboard, or look on the internet.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by dudevenezuela
    What kind of connection are u using ?

what kind of modem ?

Remeber to set up right all the firewalls

And antivirus .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Well it seems the reason i couldn't connect to the internet was because i didn't install my motherboard's drviers. Thanks alot for all your help though , and sorry for the inconvenience . Anyways the PC works great , and the Amd 3000+ 754 skt (speed is 2.01ghz) is fast as shit compared to my other intel pentium 4 2.67GHZ

BTW can you guys please help me out on how exactly to edit the partition of a Hard Drive please ? Like i made a partition on my Hard Drive for my windows files @ 10 GB , if i want to increase it to something like 30 GB so i can store all of my program files , how would i do that , please ?
    Last edited by Formula1; 01-07-2005 at 03:33 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Why didn't you make the partition the size you wanted during the installation?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I wanted to make it that size so that it could be the size to install windows, but after installing it i relized windows like to store My Documents File and all that crap on there

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You can either:
    Move My Docs to your D: drive or simply ignore it altogether and file stuff yourself .
    10GB is an excellent size for your C: drive....makes for fast defragging and easy imaging.
    Last edited by clocker; 01-07-2005 at 01:37 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    you can just save stuff on te other partition...it's safer that way. Then if windows dies for some reason then you don't lose all your stuffs.

To edit it though you can use partition magic 8. It works great.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    alright , it seems it isnt free though? do you or anyone have a link where i could download it for free please ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast