Thread: DVD Writers

Poster

Icon3

Hi there this may be in the wrong forum but i didnt know which one to post in so i'm sorry if i have it wrong.

I am thinking of getting a external dvd writer my question is should i get a dual layer writer or a normal +- dvd writer. would i have to have special dual layer disks for the dual layer burner and what are the pros and cons to both of these players also do i have to encode dvd movies like vcds on tmpgenc and the like software?

Please help a total noob out please

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dudevenezuela's Avatar VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by anxies
    Hi there this may be in the wrong forum but i didnt know which one to post in so i'm sorry if i have it wrong.
    "Hardware" would be right forum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by dudevenezuela
    "Hardware" would be right forum

Ask a mod to move, you'll get much better answers from the hardware guru's .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Quote Originally Posted by anxies

I am thinking of getting a external dvd writer my question is should i get a dual layer writer or a normal +- dvd writer. would i have to have special dual layer disks for the dual layer burner and what are the pros and cons to both of these players also do i have to encode dvd movies like vcds on tmpgenc and the like software?

Please help a total noob out please

as far as I know .....disclaimer ......a dual burner accepts both types not just exclusively one . Pros would be it accepts both types Encoding will depend upon whatr the player accepts....I think

as has been said head for hardwareworld.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Get a dual layer. You can burn single layer and dual layer media. The dual layer media is still expensive but I suspect that will change. Just use the single layer media for now.

Oh. And why external? Get an internal one for much less: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...152-039&DEPA=1

As for software...

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Both freeware.