Thread: Waiting time.

I have recently installed emule plus and used the search facility to find 3 files, but I have now been in waiting mode for almost 2 days. Is this normal?

Just to clarify I have not upgraded the version this is the first time I have tried to use the network.
    Last edited by barryk32; 01-08-2005 at 04:04 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    If you haven't managed to get anything downloaded at all... no, that's not normal.

How many sources do those files have? If it's less than 20, you could be waiting a long time - if not forever in some cases.

When I search within eMule, I look for files with at least 100 sources.
    Any less than that and I don't bother downloading... but that's just my choice.

Have you been able to download any part of the files at all? Have you been moving through the queues, or are you stuck somewhere around 1,500th in line?

Are you using a router and eMule is saying you have a Low ID? If so, look into port forwarding.

Try connecting to a popular server like Razorback2 and see if that improves things...
    Last edited by uNz[i]; 01-08-2005 at 05:43 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    The sources are less than 20, I havnt downloaded a single byte but how do I know if I am moving down the queue.

I am not behind a router, I have forwarded the port 6881 that it was defaulted to, the little globe at the bottom has green arrows if that means the same as bit torrent.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Okay. Green arrows on the little globe is good. Means you have a High ID, so we can eliminate that as a problem.

If you haven't already, it will help if you check out the eMule FAQ.

To see where you are in the queue, click on the little plus sign on the extreme left of the File Name column.
    Now you can see how many people are sharing that file. Look over to the right, in the Priority column. You'll see something like QR: 150
    Thats your Queue Ranking.
    Obviously, for the example I've given, you'd be 150th in that person's queue.
    Give it a while and then re-check to see if the number has gotten any closer to zero.
    If it has, you've moved closer to the head of the queue.

If you've gone 2 days and still haven't gotten anything at all, I suggest you find yourself some more popular files.

You'll probably have an easier time of it if you got some verified files to share from somewhere like http://www.shareprovider.com/
    (scroll down, and on the left of that site you'll see a little box called Categories.)

Hope that helps... good luck.
    Last edited by uNz[i]; 01-08-2005 at 08:01 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by uNz[i]
    You'll probably have an easier time of it if you got some verified files to share from somewhere like http://www.shareprovider.com/
    (scroll down, and on the left of that site you'll see a little box called Categories.)
    that gives a connection refused

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Odd... I just tried it again and it worked fine.
    Maybe you have some kind of net filter running? That site does have adult stuff...