Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best virus scanner

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    pc-cillin Rossco? , funny never tryed it and has come bundled on the last two Asus mobo cd's I'v had .
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-11-2005 at 03:04 AM.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    pc-cillin Rossco? , funny never tryed it and has come bundled on the last two Asus mobo cd's I'v had .
    Ya I think it came with my motherboard too.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I've been using PC-Cillin for a while now, and it seems to work quite nicely; updates every three hours, and hasn't given me a worry since I've had it onboard.

I also have NOD32 for manual scans; thought about Kaspersky 'cuz of all the good I'd heard (that it was, strictly speaking, THE most effective), but opted for the PC-Cillin for some reason I can no longer recall...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    to date i've tried norton, mcafee, pc-cillin and kaspersky. norton & mcafee are jokes and tend to not fix anything. kaspersky i found to be resource hungry and tended to hang while scanning files that were in-use.

pc-cillin doesn't have any of these problems and has been keeping my pc clean for quite awhile. it updates like crazy and scans pretty quick, but always thoroughly. the little spyware scan is also nifty; takes about 10 seconds and usually finds a few things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12