Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, and the whole p2p idea, and so I've just got a coupla questions... if you guys woudn't mind answering a few that'd be great. If they have already been answered in previous posts (which I'm sure that quite a few have) then please feel free to redirect me to the right post. Thanks
1. I apologise if I blaspheme, but it was before my time - What is (or was) Napster?
2. Who funds p2p networks like Winmx where there are no adverts? Somebody has to pay for the servers, and there are not even any "donate" button, so where does the money come from?
3. Why does everybody slag off kazaa so much?
4. How do "fake" files come into existence - surely people wouldn't deliberately keep them on their pc?
5. I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here...I'm sure I'll get some conflicting answrs... but which is the BEST all round p2p transfer network/program/application/thingy?