Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling For Columbine

I just watched this excellent film. An awsome and thought provoking piece of film documentary by Michael Moore, which covers the gun culture in the USA. Hadn't heard of it until it was mentioned on this board, but glad I watched it, as I found it to be compelling viewing. Very interesting, and worrying, comparisons between the US and Canada regarding gun related deaths. Instead of the normal Hollywood glamour action movie, this makes you think a little bit about what's really going on, particularly if you live in the US. I'm just glad we have so many restrictions on guns in most of Europe. I would be very interested to know how the film was received in the US and if it got a wide release in cinemas over there.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    hey, its michael moore, another brilliant film. I have to say some bits are very touching, truley one that is staying on my hard drive for a long time

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    This is a great movie. It seemed Michael Moore couldn't decide if he wanted to entertain people, or educate them. Either way, its still an excellent film, but it was not received well in the American markets. It made very little money here, but since it cost so little to make, I would say Mr. Moore is probably very happy with the results.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    burn, Charlton heston, burn&#33;

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    i love this movie cuz it shows a hell of alot of guns and i specially like the cartoon.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Never seen it but if you guys say its this good then i had better start looking for the hash

I just saw the title ages ago and thought, Bowling?

Never judge a book by its cover

7. Movies & TV   -   #7

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    some ppl might say it degredes the american culture but some ppl might say it really opens up ur mind to things going on inside usa.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Chilly@23 March 2003 - 03:29
    Never seen it but if you guys say its this good then i had better start looking for the hash

I just saw the title ages ago and thought, Bowling?

Never judge a book by its cover
    You better hurry up now.

IMHO this movie is a must see.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Did you see how he was bood of stage last night at the Oscars?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast