Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do U copy rented DVDs?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    netflix has it all. well maybe not all. but most of it.

busy, you say you have the hollywood mvp rental plan and they let you get a different movie every day? i looked at the brochure a while ago and it only said there's a 7-day limit per rental or sumfin like that, so i was kinda confused about how often you could rent on that plan. i might wanna cancel my hollywood game rental plan and start the mvp one... i ran out of games i wanna try at my local h-wood.
    Limit? The only limit is most new releases.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    About cost, well, here in Tj, I rent the new release for $25 pesos, ($2.50 Dlls), or I rent two new releases for $5 US Dlls andthe third one is free, so, I take them home, rip them and take them back the next day.
    But some times (very often if girls are arround), the store guy gives me a wrong movie, but I take it home, and if its good, I rip it imidiatly, then take it back and ask for the right movie I wanted in the beggining, lol.

How much is a movie rent where you live?

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    nsane's Avatar .
    Limit? The only limit is most new releases.
    and you still have late fees

and about the merge, when they were testing the movie pass they found their current computer system is bogged down by requests from other stores, which is why you can only use the pass at the store you bought it from. so just imagin what request from a internet database would be like. they're working on some sort of update which wouldn't require hardware upgrades for all stores worldwide (very expensive, in the billions). it'll happen within the year, tho, i'm sure of it. which means you'll also be able to use your pass at any blockbuster store, as long as you returned your other movies

btw, when you get the online pass, as in right now, you start getting free rental coupons in the mail every month. so it's kinda like having their 'rewards' program too

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    blockbuster and hollywood video have both been sued several times by consumer groups over their late-fee policies. i imagine that blockbuster has ceased charging late fees not because it's fair to the customers, but because they've been feeling the heat from netflix.

people are fed up with paying late-fees that were not properly explained to them when they signed up for their rental accounts, or the fees were hiked up after they signed up, or they bring the video back on the wrong day because a teenaged store clerk accidentally told them the incorrect due date. why put up with that, when they can just have their movies delivered by netflix and not get screwed by unexpected fees? so people have been staying home, and blockbuster needs to give them incentive to leave the house: "okay, okay, we're not gonna rip you off anymore. no more late fees. but if you keep a movie for more than 7 days beyond the return date, then we'll automatically charge your credit card for the full retail price of the movie (minus the original rental price)." there's the catch! instead of late fees, now you've bought the movie if you're more than a week late. of course the commercials don't mention that part, but you can dig it up in the fine print if you're the sort of person who reads fine print. i would not recommend renting top shelf titles (like Criterion Collection dvds) from blockbuster now, if you have trouble returning 'em on time... unless you want them to charge you $40-$50 under their "keep it a week late? keep it forever" policy.

but yeah. if blockbuster gets their online inventory diversified with the kind of stuff that keeps netflix customers hooked (has anyone ever seen a blockbuster store with a good, diverse selection of vintage/indie/foreign/anime titles? i haven't!)... then i guess netflix will be finished. and then blockbuster will jack their subscription fees up. 'cause. you know. once the competition's been shut down, you can charge customers whatever the hell you want until the another big competitor comes along. if they come along. maybe. someday.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 01-11-2005 at 11:08 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    nsane's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    they bring the video back on the wrong day because a teenaged store clerk accidentally told them the incorrect due date
    the right ones on the receipt. maybe learning to read would help?

but if you keep a movie for more than 7 days beyond the return date, then we'll automatically charge your credit card for the full retail price of the movie (minus the original rental price)." there's the catch! instead of late fees, now you've bought the movie if you're more than a week late.
    yes, until you return the movie, then the charge is removed. people would rent them and not return them if there wasn't some sort of charge

has anyone ever seen a blockbuster store with a good, diverse selection of vintage/indie/foreign/anime titles? i haven't!
    that's because little punk ass kids steal all the good ones

a little tip before ranting on again....responsibility. if you can't learn to return things on time then that's you fault, you KNEW when it was due back. stop trying to transfer the blame

btw, people getting mad like that used to make great entertainment when i was bored working there. i used to smirk and be like "it aint my fault your ass was late lady. YOU knew when it was due, it's your fault. plus i'm just here to push buttons, bitching me out and ganna get your no where. have a nice day."
    Last edited by nsane; 01-12-2005 at 02:48 AM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Poster
    nah i dont rent dvds i jus d/l them all :-)

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    but if you keep a movie for more than 7 days beyond the return date, then we'll automatically charge your credit card for the full retail price of the movie (minus the original rental price)." there's the catch! instead of late fees, now you've bought the movie if you're more than a week late.
    yes, until you return the movie, then the charge is removed. people would rent them and not return them if there wasn't some sort of charge
    I don't rent from Blockbuster and haven't for years because they're a bunch of nazi assholes, but out of curiosity, why would that encourage someone to bring the movie back if the charge is credited back to the card? Is there a time limit to where they won't remove it?

yo

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    [TROLL=nsane]blah blippidy blah blah[/TROLL]
    oh, you've worked in customer service. no wonder the company is always right and the customer's always a complete idiot, the way you explain it. i have responsibility. i return shit on time. your personal anti-customer issues are way off-topic. i mean. maybe you want to live in a world where every customer service number you call is answered by someone who hates your guts, and every hamburger you buy has been spat upon. DARE TO DREAM!

more for the entertainment of other forum members than to argue with nsane, since he's basically gone off on an "i love blockbuster, i hate customers, i will now say you are personally to blame for this and that" troll-trip:

i've kept a membership in good standing with blockbuster for approximately a decade. would it help if i make a big announcement at the end of each transaction? "HI. I JUST FORKED OVER $5 TO RENT THIS THING, SO WHEN YOU PUT IT IN MY HAND, TELL ME THE CORRECT RETURN DATE SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO COMPARE WHAT YOU SAY WITH WHAT MY RECEIPT SAYS. DO YOUR GODDAMNED JOB, 'CAUSE YOU WORK HERE AND I DON'T. PLEASE FORWARD THIS STATEMENT TO YOUR MANAGER, AS WELL, SO THAT HE KNOWS I WANT HIM TO DO HIS JOB TOO. THANKS." i hardly ever go, though, so i don't have the opportunity to try it out. if anyone here still goes to blockbuster, please try making that speech and let me know if it has any effect.

terms of membership are subject to change at any moment without notice, and so forth and so forth. but really. they found the time and postage to send me a decade worth of junk mail, but they couldn't inform me of even one single change to the membership agreement? "no can do. we're too busy sending out junk mail and collecting late fees, idiot... i mean... er... customer..." yeah. a little courtesy would've been nice. or a free hand-job once in a while, at least.

in summary, netflix is awesome.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    no shit I rent 7 out for $7 and copy them 2 DVDr about 1 hr later.

or a new release $6.50 a night better then paying $30 for the movie hehehe

the Pirate king!! I also print the covers to the DVD covers and the DVD label for teh disk it looks like the real thing then

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by ofbz
    i don't do that... its illegal....

i just get the divx rip from the net... lol

(nah... i just haven't mastered the methods yet....)
    got news for you

don't know if you were joking or not buyt downloading dix rips is kinda ilegal too

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast