Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peergurdian Does It Block To Many Ip's?

I've heard this blocks over 2,000,000 ips, but i think thats way to many, some of the ranges block huge ranges of ips that have real files.

Am i wrong please tell me?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I do. I dont have issues with it. In fact, the first night i used it, i had attempts from media force, and this other company, trying to get on.

My speeds are still top notch, so it doesnt seem to block to many, "innocent" ips.

Just up to you i guess. The stuff I share, that, and my firewall help with a little more privacy.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    It could block that many IPs but you would have to enter them in yourself. The program comes with like 200 in there that it blocks.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    There is an ERROR on the ip range for one of the RIAA addresses -- if you remove that error, the amount of ips blocked drops to about 510,000.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    does anybody know Zerodata's website?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Switeck or anyone, could you state or direct to that error in the ip range for one of the RIAA addresses. Then I could correct it in my copy of PG. TY

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by zapjb@5 April 2003 - 17:14
    Switeck or anyone, could you state or direct to that error in the ip range for one of the RIAA addresses. Then I could correct it in my copy of PG. TY
    The RIAA ones in the 208.*.*.* range -- 1 overlaps the other... that's the bad one.

RIAA:208.192.0.0 - 208.255.255.255

SHOULD READ

RIAA:208.192.0.0 - 208.192.255.255

That's still a HUGE range (65,536 ip addresses), but it's not the previous >4 million ips.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Thanks Switeck.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I'm sure it blocks some innocent ips though I rather be safe and block 2 more million ips

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    imported_The__One
    My Peerguardian is currently blocking over 36 million IP's....yeah, sure, some of them might be "inocent", but I'd rather stay on the safe side, and possibly lose a cuple of sources for a downlaod here and there , especially since I didn't notice any speed drops since I updated my block list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast