Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is there a purpose to deleting posts??

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yes I am referring to posts that are gone off topic

is there a purpose?? is it too save bandwidth on this forum?? is the database getting to big and taking up to much room?? does it save money?? is it just fun too do it to stir up members so you can sit ther and laugh at yoru PC (hehe)

I'm just wondering its getting completely out of hand and annoying lately the random deletion of posts.

if something goes off topic we have a thing called the lounge here isn't it as easy to move topic that goes off topic to the lounge in one click then deleting about 20 posts randomly or.... throwing it in the trash so that only you guys can see?
    Last edited by Adster; 01-13-2005 at 06:20 AM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Good Point

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Retired
    You talking about the 'Do U copy rented DVDs?' thread? I split it with the intention to move the other posts in a new thread. I moved them to the trash can so I could edit the title etc.. but I cannot open threads in the trash section since yesterday

no threads shouldnt be moved to the lounge if they have gone off-topic only if the creator of the thread agrees. if I post a thread outside the lounge I want it to be on-topic and I think the other members think the same.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    You talking about the 'Do U copy rented DVDs?' thread? I split it with the intention to move the other posts in a new thread. I moved them to the trash can so I could edit the title etc.. but I cannot open threads in the trash section since yesterday

no threads shouldnt be moved to the lounge if they have gone off-topic only if the creator of the thread agrees. if I post a thread outside the lounge I want it to be on-topic and I think the other members think the same.
    That's OK with me

Maybe next time leave a note to the effect that you'd intended to split the post but the trash wasn't working properly so it will have to wait a while - rather than the simple "Off topic!!11" comment that you did leave.

Cheers for explaining, tho'.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}

so your telling me the creater of the thread of the posts you delete you ask before you delete them

isn't it a moderators descion weather a thread is deleted or moved

no imnot talking about just that thread im talkign about any thread that goes off topic
    Last edited by Adster; 01-13-2005 at 10:30 AM.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    so your telling me the creater of the thread of the posts you delete you ask before you delete them

isn't it a moderators descion weather a thread is deleted or moved

no imnot talking about just that thread im talkign about any thread that goes off topic
    no we dont ask the creator before deleting posts.

We have a lounge for off-topic talk. people should now to keep threads on-topic outside the lounge.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    But the question was...Why are they deleted?

Is it to save bandwidth, space, etc. or is it just to keep things tidy?

Everything in the Lounge is senseless incoherent babble anyway. What's the difference if the conversation turns to something else?
    Last edited by Skizo; 01-13-2005 at 11:09 AM.

yo

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    yes its the question I asked and I in noway mean no dis respect I asked in a friendly matter I can understnad why a Post that say had serial cumbers cracks or out of hand flaming or attack on members would be delted.
    Last edited by Adster; 01-13-2005 at 11:29 AM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Everything in the Lounge is senseless incoherent babble anyway.
    Speak for yourself. I find that mostly it's perfectly coherent.

However, if you struggle with words of more than one syllable then your conclusion is entirely understandable.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I think Gameworld should be deleted. I have yet to see a thread stay on-topic in there. Sometimes even the thread starter has trouble with his initial post...:azd:

Anyhow, please delete this post if it helps save bandwidth.
    Last edited by Withcheese; 01-13-2005 at 11:59 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast