Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are all these threads EMules?

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    yep edonkey gives you the option to connect to emule too.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Well my point is simply that when I compared the two I foumd the average amount of shared files on eMule to be much higher than Overnet and have only found Overnet to be a much better version of FastTrack perhaps...
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-02-2005 at 07:01 AM.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    Well the Overnet is not like Kazaa at all. It is very similar if not the same as the ed2k network. (the hashlinks are the same so I'm not too sure) It dl and uploads files in chunks unlike the Kazaa network which usually downloads from one user even though you can download from several people on Kazaa somehow if many people have the same file. I don't know the specifics of how Kazaa dl from many users at the same time for the same file but I know it can.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Im aware of the difference as Ive used both and eMule as well which is the only network app I still use. I just was making a point I would imagine most users on the network are probably former Kazaa users or even still use it. I found as said the number of files shared by the averge user, users on the network divide by files, is much lower than eMule. It is much better than Kazaa by far but similar in interface is maybe a better way to put it. Its also has a better hash system and allows partial uploads which kazza dosent last I checked anyway...
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-02-2005 at 07:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12