Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Harry

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    Freddie Starr used to come on dressed in the full Nazi regalia. Most people thought it was hilarious. Never saw 'much' public outcry.
    See my point earlier, it's all bollocks.

Prince Harry was at a private party. It is really the photographer/reporter who has caused all this fuss. IMO Harry has just been a silly wee boy. I'm sure his grandad will put a flea in his ear.
    Excellent point Bob, kinda wish I had thought of that

Private party, no public person should have even known.

Jonno

2. Lounge   -   #32
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Anyone who hires that costume is either bigoted or an idiot. Anyone who makes it available for hire is either bigoted, an idiot or has a disproportional sense of greed over common decency.

The difference between Edward I and Hitler is about 700 hundred years. Neanderthal man was a cannibal, so fucking what.

The point is that in many people's lifetimes a group of men, united under the swatsika, tried to commit genocide on their way to world domination. Many of our countrymen died trying to stop it happening to future generations - they suceeded too. Did you know. That's why we're typing in English.

I respect those men for what they did, not just from the UK but from all over the world. I also consider wearing a swastika to be in direct conflict with that same respect AND anyone who condones wearing a swastika, I'll tar with the same brush.

I couldn't care less about 'poor' Harry but the fact that he is in the worldwide public eye means that he has trivialised the pain and suffering of families all over the globe. He's delivered a direct insult to those that fought and lost their lives. Or were plain murdered.

If you think that's acceptable, you're an idiot.
    Just what I was going to write, damn post thief

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Anyone who hires that costume is either bogoted or an idiot. Anyone who makes it available for hire is either bigoted, an idiot or has a disproportional sense of greed over common decency.

The difference between Edward I and Hitler is about 700 hundred years. Neanderthal man was a cannibal, so fucking what.

The point is that in many people's lifetimes a group of men, united under the swatsika, tried to commit genocide on their way to world domination. Many of our countrymen died trying to stop it happening to future generations - they suceeded too. Did you know. That's why we're typing in English.

I respect those men for what they did, not just from the UK but from all over the world. I also consider wearing a swastika to be in direct conflict with that same respect AND anyone who condones wearing a swastika, I'll tar with the same brush.

I couldn't care less about 'poor' Harry but the fact that he is in the worldwide public eye means that he has trivialised the pain and suffering of families all over the globe. He's delivered a direct insult to those that fought and lost their lives. Or were plain murdered.

If you think that's acceptable, you're an idiot.

btw:

Can you get any more pathetic.
    I shall remind you of this post should you ever make a joke about the Germans (think Falwty Towers which I would assume you found funny) or anything else where people have suffered.

And once again, I know all about Hitler and what happend and do not in the slightest respect nor follow him or his ideals, my point is this thing has been blown way over the top and doing what they are doing just shows how backward the Royals are.

If he apologises will the public be happy?
    No, they want him punished, bit fucking sick if you ask me, I dare say if they had their way he would be flogged.

Btw, I don't think it's acceptable, I never said it was, please refrain from twisting what I am saying, once again my point is the over reaction this is getting, why should William be punished?
    Why can you hire this costume if it's so offensive? Why is it not law (as dan said ) to not be allowed to show the Swastica?

AGAIN!! I don't condone what he did, but I do think the reaction is way over the top.

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 01-14-2005 at 01:52 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    I think a public apology would be more than sufficient, rather than the fawning statement Clarence House issued yesterday

edit - I am going to start a poll on the matter, lets see what people think shall we
    Last edited by DanB; 01-14-2005 at 01:53 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    In all fairness, looking back far enough, the British and/or English have done their fair share of murdering. The prima nocte thing was a method of diluting the blood of whoever was occupied at the time, the scottish I think, and it came with a sideorder of tyranny and senseless murder.

Then there was quite a lot of trouble in the colonies, as in Africa, with oppression and what have you, too. And there's Ireland of course where both sides are guilty of quite a lot.

I dare say any nation that once tried to build an empire, including my own, has had a lot of bad history.

But there's really not one symbol you can point to that embodies that atrocity the way the swastika unfortunatly does. And I still think that showing up garbed in a nazi uniform is an act of poor taste, supremely so if this is done by a public figure.

Especially sad about the swastika is how the nazis more or less copied/stole a rather benign symbol.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    I think a public apology would be more than sufficient, rather than the fawning statement Clarence House issued yesterday
    This is my point Dan, it wont be enough, they will both be forced to go to this nazi death camp and aparently forced to watch Schindlers List to teach them a lesson.

Harry did what he did in jest, he's not exactly part of the National Front is he

Jonno

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene

Harry did what he did in jest, he's not exactly part of the National Front is he

Jonno
    No one has said he is
    Last edited by DanB; 01-14-2005 at 01:58 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Lots of people go to auswitch, and schindler's list isn't that horrible to watch.
    People do need to be reminded that it happened, and it won't hurt them to go there.

In fact, maybe it should be mandatory for anyone who is to be given any power, it should be a good reminder of what you absolutely can't do.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    I shall remind you of this post should you ever make a joke about the Germans (think Falwty Towers which I would assume you found funny) or anything else where people have suffered.

And once again, I know all about Hitler and what happend and do not in the slightest respect nor follow him or his ideals, my point is this thing has been blown way over the top and doing what they are doing just shows how backward the Royals are.

If he apologises will the public be happy?
    No, they want him punished, bit fucking sick if you ask me, I dare say if they had their way he would be flogged.

Btw, I don't think it's acceptable, I never said it was, please refrain from twisting what I am saying
    You don't think it's acceptable but you do think it's hysterical. You now like Harry just because he wore a swastika on his arm. I don't think I'm twisting your words. I'm reacting to your points earlier in the thread. I think you've decided to alter your view about wearing swastikas. Well done.

I don't make jokes about genocide and I don't think racism is funny.

Also I've not commented on the public outcry to this, I care little of what the reactionaries in our society think, I care more of the feelings experienced by those most closely affected by the nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonno
    Why can you hire this costume if it's so offensive? Why is it not law (as dan said ) to not be allowed to show the Swastica?
    We live in a permissive society, people are allowed to do lots of things that I consider wrong. Just because it's legal, doesn't mean that it is morally right. For fucks sake, think for yourself man.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Lots of people go to auswitch, and schindler's list isn't that horrible to watch.
    People do need to be reminded that it happened, and it won't hurt them to go there.

In fact, maybe it should be mandatory for anyone who is to be given any power, it should be a good reminder of what you absolutely can't do.
    Sorry Mr.S I dissagree, I don't see the need to keep reminding people of the past, we all know what happend. If thats the case people should all go to a thousand other places where similar things have happend.

Rememberance day is for those who fought for freedom and lost their lives, not a reminder of how bad Hitler was, personally I think it would be better and more dissrespectfull to Hitler to wipe it from history.
    There are still people who hate German people due to this, is that right?
    No.

New century, why can't we move forward instead of hanging onto the past?

Jonno

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast