Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Torrentpimps Is Dead

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Wait! I've just seen this pearl of wisdom:

I'll do that and it will fix their hardware problems, what sage advice. If I wasn't such a kazaa leech I'd probably have figured that out already.
    im a member of TB, FL , KKK, CIA, and TSB and every single one of those sites go down when they have server problems so stop BSing.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Getting to be a little more than discourged that they will ever keep the site up, I've been a member there for 3 or 4 weeks now, and haven't seen the page last for more than a week yet. I will admit the site seems like it has potential to be a top level community, but if this keeps up they wont have much of a community left... Think I've sucessfully got 2 torrents from there, but each time the site went down before I could get my ratio back up... Every time it happens it makes me realize more why I love pisexy.com

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zeustke165
    Getting to be a little more than discourged that they will ever keep the site up, I've been a member there for 3 or 4 weeks now, and haven't seen the page last for more than a week yet. I will admit the site seems like it has potential to be a top level community, but if this keeps up they wont have much of a community left... Think I've sucessfully got 2 torrents from there, but each time the site went down before I could get my ratio back up... Every time it happens it makes me realize more why I love pisexy.com
    FileList seems pretty stable. Lots of good seeders though the content is not up to the late TB's standards. Still a good site with friendly members, worth the effort of getting an account there.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    I am Veg12, co-creator of TorrentPimps.com.
    You may PM me on the site and I will confirm it, if you don't believe me.

TorrentPimps is online and will stay online.
    We only went down for 4 days.

The server box we were using was f00ked.
    MySQL kept returning errors, Apache wouldn't open PHP, etc...
    After 9 OS re-installs, the server host decided to give us a new server. And voila, it worked like a charm.

The box was upgraded with some extra RAM and now the site is running fine.

Before you start to moan about a site, try hosting one.
    Rent a decent server box, with Linux and try to run a successful site on it. I can guarantee you, you WILL run into problems. Everybody does.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Not moaning at you, veg. You're doing an admirable job, running a free tracker.

More the children who think the posters here are 'stupid' and 'leeches'.
    Last edited by manker; 01-21-2005 at 01:41 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Nope we aren't dead.just some major server problems......all fixed and site is running great.............note.....we are also working on a leech tracker so we are more then able to satisfty all comers

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I still can't access the site tho' :confused:

Is http://www.torrentpimps.com/ the correct url?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    I was seeing it up and running fine, and tried re-seeding a dead torrent with leechers waiting, when a few minutes later I noticed that I hadnt connected to anyone i went to the home page and now I get this

Hey, it worked !
    The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
    successfully installed on this website.

Im sitting here with a .8 ratio, its kinda embarassing...

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I guess it wasn't smart to post the server was working right...

The server host just, for no apparent reason, managed to mess up Apache.
    We are going to try to undo their dumb mistake though.

We finally had a good setup going!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    well it was working, and looking good, but then... uh no... you know I can't let it end like this, I can't go down as having a .8 ratio, it can not and will not happen, you gotta do it for me...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast