View Poll Results: Mark the questions whichare relevant

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do u use your computer to experience pleasure, gratification or relief

34 58.62%
  • Do u experience restlessness,irritability,sleep disorder,depression when not on line

15 25.86%
  • Do u think about the experience of being online and what to do next when you are'nt on the pc

25 43.10%
  • Do u spend more and more Time or money on computer activities in order to change moods

17 29.31%
  • Do you neglect social,familial,educational or work obligations due to use of the computer

28 48.28%
  • Do u lie to family,co-workers,colleagues etc about amount of time you spend on computers

10 17.24%
  • Have u lost relationships,career or financial accomplishments due to your computer activities

6 10.34%
  • Have you failed repeatedly to Control it

16 27.59%
  • Do u suffer from wrist,eye,back Aches,migraines,poor physical condition or poor personal hygiene

20 34.48%
  • Do you continue to use the computer despite recurrent problems it causes in real life

17 29.31%
  • Yes- I already know that I am

38 65.52%
  • No - I have no dependency to it

13 22.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you Addicted to the Internet?

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    If you marked atleast 5 of those items you may regard yourself Internet addicted and have pathological Internet use.

Here is a Internet Addiction Test : http://www.netaddiction.com/resource...ction_test.htm

I post this here, because after reading several articles, it seems that Internet addiction or even computer addiction/dependency is not still fully acknowledged as a disorder, and it seems to be an increasing problem in today's society. Especially if you consider the increasing amount of people using the Internet.
    Of course there is a difference between job related Internet use and personal use, the question comes when the - job becomes intertwined with the personal.
    The forums or MUD (multi-user domains) are very easy to become involved in, due to the interactivity, relations, rewards and of course escapism

and here is the most relevant article i have read What Makes the Internet Addictive?

for more articles - http://www.netaddiction.com/articles/articles.htm
    Last edited by 100%; 01-15-2005 at 05:25 AM.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Djtima's Avatar ^__^
    YES!!!!
    i Beat Anorexica And Now i Beat the Computer (that last level was hard though)

Tima's : [ Devart - AudioScrobbler - Xfire ]

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I suppose I'm addicted to t'internet in the same way I'm addicted to going out for a meal, having a few beers at the pub or playing football.

That is, I'm not addicted in the true sense of the word but I enjoy it far too much to ever consider not doing it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    My position as SysAdmin for the Internet requires that I spend a lot of time online.
    Without me, the whole shebang would crash in a heartbeat.
    So I don't consider myself to be addicted to the interweb...I'm jus doin my job, maam.

Move along, there is nothing to see here.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    i scored 59 on that website :x

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    The interweb is addicted to clocker
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    One.5 years ago i got Internet, since then i discovered a whole new world.
    It was after i registered at some forums that i find myself spending more and more time on-line, to the extent that i prefer it to activities in the "real world".
    I have to do alot of work on pc and side tracking on-line is a little bit to easy. Hence i have disabled internet at work, and find myself 100% more productive, and am more precise to what i need from the web when i get online for a limited time (interweb cafes)
    the Internet never sleeps and there is always something new to discover and yes there are great benfits to it.
    I regard myself as using it in an exaggerated way since it does affect my life in a negative way.
    If you read those articles mentioned at the top - it is quite worrying when you hear examples of drastic cases.
    An "addiction" is never Healthy.

edit: an the web does wonders for your spelling
    Last edited by 100%; 01-15-2005 at 04:38 PM.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I don't think getting migraines has anything to do with the 'puter, it can just as well hit me when I've been offline for ages.

And tho' I did fail to control it before, several times, I can quit when I want now, I think.

And it wasn't until I joined Klb I got hooked. At any rate, I think I'm getting better.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    You have our eternal gratitude for your immense effort. Thanks for that.
    It's nothing, really.
    Tweaking the Laws of Physics takes much more of my time.
    As does creating unique snowflakes.

Why did I ever decide no two could be the same?
    Hmmm....might have to rethink my position on that one.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    I'd say im addicted to a pc. if theres something better to do great but otherwise im on the net. I'd say its a problem and i should spend less time on here and put more time into college and other things but i can never stay away for long enough to bother.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast