Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you installed service pack two yet

(>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    I haven't but have a feeling it may be a good idea

Just wondered what the general opinion is?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I have. I typically wait about two weeks on this kind of stuff just to make everythings coo. It's always good to stay up-to-date

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    yes i have. I found that installing SP2 over top of all the previous hotfixes kinda bloats the system (not bad tho). In my experience, I found using a SP2 slipstreamed disc seemed to work very well for me. Sp2 is nice, cuz it blocks alot of crap pop ups even before ad blockers get them. Some people have said that you should install SP2 on a fresh install for optimum, so that means going straight to windows update and skipping all the other hot fixes and criticals and going straight to SP2.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I have it.. I find it is best to install it slipstreamed.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    I have. I typically wait about two weeks on this kind of stuff just to make everythings coo. It's always good to stay up-to-date
    I agree and up to the point it came out I checked for updates regularly, but there seemed to be so many issues with the sp that it put me off and as my system was running ok I didn't wanna cause myself problems. Stil don't but I am worried that I may be falling to far behind with the updates.

p.s. thanks for the feedback folks

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    SP2 came on my comp preinstalled, so i had no choice
    no complaints though, everything works fine

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I did, but after a few problems I took it off and reverted back to SP1

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    I did, but after a few problems I took it off and reverted back to SP1
    I only read complaints about it, but then again i don't even know where to start

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by zedaxax
    I only read complaints about it, but then again i don't even know where to start
    I was having problems tring to establish a stable connection to the net. Even using the lvl lord fix didn't do any good. In fact, it got so bad that it would cut off for 30 seconds, reconnect for 5 mins then repeat.

I remember these glowing circles orbiting my local area connection saying it was experiencing problems.

1 week later I had to reformat for another problem, and decided not to install SP2 again

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Haven't yet installed it either. The only update on my Windows update page is now SP2. So you can update everything that comes out without having to install SP2 (but for how long).

I've read too many articles about all kind of problems after installation of SP2 and people at work who installed it also complaining and naging that I deceided not to. I've slipstreamed it though so if at one point me, my son or my daughter or even my wife f*ckes up my computer and a whole fresh Windows XP installation is necessary, I will install it.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast