Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: best torrent site.

Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

I would like to recommend the largest Tracker in the world:

The Swedish site The Pirate Bay altough very slow often it has the goods!!
    No registration required!

http://www.thepiratebay.org/frame.html

If you have any trouble navigating on that site I can help you!!

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    anybody know of good sites where i can download ps2 games...

i dont trust sites like torrentspy or all those other searchs. there seems to be too much torrents for one game. i can never know which one to download

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Retired
    If you only wanna post a link post it here:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t89539-.html
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 01-22-2005 at 02:06 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zeustke165
    TorrentSpy is the best leacher haven out there I guess you could say
    seeder to leacher ratio 43%

TorrentPimps 247%
    Pisexy 107%
    EpiTorrent 103%
    TorrentLeech 230%
    TorrentParadise 88%
    123torrents 102%
    Seeder-to-leecher ratios don't mean shit, and you know it. It's the actual number of seeders that matters. More leechers just means more distrubuted content.

Try getting speeds like that on your precious little BT communities. BTW, there are more seeders there than leechers. What do you have to say about that?

Quote Originally Posted by AzNsMaRtGuY333
    anybody know of good sites where i can download ps2 games...

i dont trust sites like torrentspy or all those other searchs. there seems to be too much torrents for one game. i can never know which one to download
    Just Download the one with the most seeders.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernatural
    Seeder-to-leecher ratios don't mean shit, and you know it. It's the actual number of seeders that matters. More leechers just means more distrubuted content.

Try getting speeds like that on your precious little BT communities. BTW, there are more seeders there than leechers. What do you have to say about that?

Just Download the one with the most seeders.
    isn't your statment conuterintuitive, you say seeder to leecher ratio doesnt mean shit, then you in the very nex sentence say its the number of seeders, do you even know what seeder to leecher ratio means, It give you an indication how many people are seeding vs how many are leeching, the higher the number the more likely you are to jump on a well seeded torrent, obvioulsy it is a site average, so torrent to torrent it may be different, but it give you a pretty good indication on what to expect from a site... now you may remove your head from your ass...

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    I pointed out the seeder/leecher ratio to prove you wrong. Torrentspy torrents aren't full of leechers. But even if it were, it's still true that it's not really a as bad as people think. A high number of seeders is really what counts. A torrent with 100 seeds and 1500 leechers would be a pretty strong torrent, even though the S/L ratio is very low.

Like I said, try to get speeds like on one of those small, invite-only sites. It's impossible.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    100 seeders and 1500 leechers, do the math, the average internet connection world wide is assymetrical, so say on average throughout the whole torrent there was 3 meg download and 1 meg upload, and that's being very hopeful, now since in bittorrent every leecher can also be a seeder, but not all will be, so lets say out of 1500 about 1100 actually can seed to someone they are connected to, the max upload bandwidth is (1100 + 100) * 1 = 1200, now the max download potential is 1500 * 3 = 4500 thus 1200 / 4500 = 0.266

now a community site where you have a 1:1 leecher to seeder, example 15 seeders and 15 leechers, now lets say all but one of those leechers can seed, this is much more likely on smaller torrents, total upload (15 + 14) * 1 = 29
    and total download 15 * 3 = 45 thus 29 / 45 = .644 who gets the file quicker, and thats with a seeder to leecher ratio of 100% now try a 200% site, it gets even better...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    All that math would be better in theory, but show me speeds. Less total numbers of leechers and seeders simply means less people to download from, which in turn means... slower speeds. Ask anyone what are the fastest torrents they have ever downloaded. They will all say Suprnova.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Acutally the site i've seen with the best average download speeds was torrentpimps... only problems there, since the torrents are so well seeded, sometimes its hard to keep a good ratio...

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Tbh, Suprnova always sucked for me regarding speed. Torrentbits is the quickest, overall, I've downloaded from.

Btw, again there is a problem with Torrentpimps. I joined up there a day or so ago, I've downloaded two movies and my ratio page tells me I've downloaded and uploaded nothing, plus none of the torrent links on the tracker are working anymore.

Other than that. The speeds were good and the site is based on the TB tracker code, so great stuff except for it not working properly.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast