Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: best torrent site.

Yeah torrentpimps has had a lot of problems lately, once they get them sorted it should be a good site... But you see what I mean about seeder/leecher ratio, TB also had a high ratio... Its all about aggregate bandwidth, The swarm can only download as fast as the swarm can upload, there may be a few in the swarm that can get good DL speeds in a poorly seeded torrent, but that only means some poor guy is getting absolutley horrible DL speeds... Thus over all it is a bad thing.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    aroster
    take a look at this new one: http://www.torrentkube.org/

it looks pretty cool, and it doesn't have any adds, what do you think guys?

regards

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernatural
    TorrentSpy blows everthing else away, except for maybe isoHunt.
    Ill have to agree with Supernatural on this one.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    loki's the best cause #1. They list the files you're d/ling 2. Theres comments, so you know what your getting, 3. Loads of torrents, seeders leechers=fast speeds, and the big reason they rock is #4. They're fighting the MAN
    piratebays a close second because of their replys to their legal threats, but loose points for the site being in swedish
    Last edited by gutties; 01-26-2005 at 10:05 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    How do those reasons make lokitorrent the best? Torrentspy does all that and has many more torrents then lokitorrent. The more populated a torrent the better. I've gotten 200k/sec downloads off torrents with terrible seeder/downloader ratios.

If you want to talk in sheer popularity, torrentspy is the second biggest bittorent site on the internet after two months of operation. Within two weeks, it will surpass lokitorrent and become the most used resource. How long has lokitorrent been around?

This information is based on lokitorrent's daily traffic of 200,000 unique visitors per day compared to torrentspy's 185,000 unique visitors per day.
    Last edited by Xanthus; 01-27-2005 at 10:02 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    yes torrentspy is good, BUT is torrenspy fighting the MAN? I don' think so, also as i write this torrentspy is down so pooh to you

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    TorrentSpy is up. I never seen that site down.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    it was down five hours before you posted

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Looks like connectivity was lost at the ISP for 1 hour and 45 minutes at different intervals during the night due to a router being replaced at the datacenter. There is nothing we could have done for this downtime.

Torrentspy has nearly 100% uptime. We use email and IM notification for web and database server problems.
    Last edited by Xanthus; 01-27-2005 at 08:18 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthus
    Torrentspy has nearly 100% uptime. We use email and IM notification for web and database server problems.
    we wouldn't happen to be biased would we Xanthus? anyway I agree with everyone else that torrentspy is great, but I just think that loki deserves credit for not folding when so many other sites did.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast