Thread: codec problems divx and xvid

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I have been having trouble encoding divx and svid movies to mpeg2 and vob in that when they have been encoded the playback is jumpy.

Now, I thought this was a codec problem so installed divx codec which didn't help.

I then uninstalled the klite codec pack and dl the latest one...which is not installing properly...keep getting system32 type errors or something.

Any ideas cos this is starting to get on my tits and I want to watch fast and furious on my dvd player in comfort rather than on the comp.

btw...the file plays fine on the comp in its original form, it is only jumpy when I have encoded it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    after you uninstalled the codec pack try running CCleaner and reboot then install it again. this is what I do when I get codec errors

Cant help you with the mpoeg problems.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 01-21-2005 at 01:54 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Ok Ike...will try that...it might solve everything in one go with a bit of luck

erm....CCleaner? What is it? is it like Window Washer?
    Last edited by sArA; 01-21-2005 at 02:39 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Ok Ike...will try that...it might solve everything in one go with a bit of luck

erm....CCleaner? What is it? is it like Window Washer?

CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free.

http://www.ccleaner.com/