Thread: spelling help required

brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    How is ukilaily spelt?

There were some dudes playing the Ukalaily on 'This Morning' yesterday and I was trying to google them but I didn't catch their name. So I tried several spellings of 'ukalaily' but to no avail.

Anyone got any brainwaves?
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    Ukulele.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    thanks IC
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

4. Lounge   -   #4
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Infested Cats
    Ukulele.
    Indeed...you are correct sir.

Peace bd

5. Lounge   -   #5

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Found them! they are called 'The Ukulele Orchestra'

what a pants name

"A Ukes show has typically involved performers in black tuxedos and dresses (the flavour of the London Symphony Orchestra and the Kronos Quartet), sitting in formation like a chamber group or a swing band, reworking classics of rock'n'roll, punk, jazz and classical music. In may instances this reworking has revealed the vacuity of the original versions, the triviality of pop music and the self-reverential state of musical taste in the post-modernist period. It has also revealed that audiences like to have a good time with the Ukes and that musical intelligence and a light-hearted approach are not incomparable with acoustic versions of heavy metal, performance art techniques and the homage of a live karaoke."

They do a cover of THE CLASH apparently

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Those crazy This Morning folk; one morning they instruct on virgin defloration, the next they wax lyrical about punk covering ukulele outfits.

No wonder Dan took so long to get a job
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.