Thread: I have adobe premier v1.5 but i'm completely puzzled...

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Im wondering if someone may please tell me how i can copy a video file from my sony camcorder onto Adobe premier please ? The sony camcorder came with a usb cord device so i can use it to connect the camcorder to the pc.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    u have to get a firewire to capture the video. Mine didn't come with one either. You'll have to purchase it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Retired
    File / Capture / Movie Capture. Right click on the capture window, and select Capture File... to use a preallocated file in the root directory. This will tend to be more efficient because you will use the same file each time, but you could also use a new file each time if you prefer. The latter solution could create problems if memory is low or the disk fragmented. Make sure that the size of any preallocated file is sufficient. If you have enough RAM, it is even more efficient to Capture to Memory.

Right click on the capture window again to select the Video Source. depending on whether you are using RCA Video or S-Video inputs. You may also need to adjust brightness and contrast here. At this point you should see the video image in the capture window. If you are capturing from recorded tape, you will see the video after you press Play on your VCR.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    File / Capture / Movie Capture. Right click on the capture window, and select Capture File... to use a preallocated file in the root directory. This will tend to be more efficient because you will use the same file each time, but you could also use a new file each time if you prefer. The latter solution could create problems if memory is low or the disk fragmented. Make sure that the size of any preallocated file is sufficient. If you have enough RAM, it is even more efficient to Capture to Memory.

Right click on the capture window again to select the Video Source. depending on whether you are using RCA Video or S-Video inputs. You may also need to adjust brightness and contrast here. At this point you should see the video image in the capture window. If you are capturing from recorded tape, you will see the video after you press Play on your VCR.
    I when to file > capture -> capture window with black box in the middle -> Right and didnt see anything that capture video , i selected record audio and video, and i didnt see any options for video sorce , could be because, we both have different versions

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    I when to file > capture -> capture window with black box in the middle -> Right and didnt see anything that capture video , i selected record audio and video, and i didnt see any options for video sorce , could be because, we both have different versions
    does your camera come with a firewire port? The usb is used, at least for mine, to download images from the memory stick, not to capture video. What is the model of your sony camera?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I dont think it came with firewire support, it just came with a small app on disc , which just captured the video , but ir didnt let me save to the type of format , it just copied it as a vcd format , annd the quality was completely terrible . The model number is DCR-HC20 NTSC.
    Last edited by Formula1; 01-21-2005 at 05:18 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DCRHC20.pdf

this is a link to the user guide for your camera - save it for future reference. Go to page 92, you will see a picture with all the ports. The firewire port on the camera is #2, called DV Interface. (more info on page 85) This is what I need to capture video. If your camera supports the capturing through the usb cable, then you may just need to enable usb streaming in the setup menu of your camera first. Like I said already, if you're going to use the firewire for capturing, you'll need to purchase it - mine didn't come with it either, but I needed it to capture video. The usb cable was only good for getting the images off the memory stick and using my camera as a webcam.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Oh alright, thanks alot for taking your time to find the guide , i appreciate that .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    yw. let me know when u get to capturing!