Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pics From Bush Inauguration Protests.

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    saddam wanted to use the idea of WMDs as a way to keep his power in the middle-east. he was paranoid if any enemies found out they weren't there they could attack.

Why is it bad for a world leader like President Bush (or anyone else for that matter) to speak out about freedom? Should I post MLK's famous 'Freedom' speech with a laughing smiley next to it? "Stupid MLK, always yappin about freedom this and freedom that" It's a sad day when an speech about freedom and liberty is looked down upon.
    its a speech about war and occupation, a threat to the world. at least thats how i read it

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Skizo

It is a good book - read it

Edit: I didn't understand the piece about inspections. The UN inspectors were in and asking for more time as their inspections were going well.

The earlier debacle was when Saddam threw out the inspectors because one US member was a CIA agent (later confirmed as such). Saddam said the inspectors could return as long as there were no US ones - the UN refused to make this allowance. The team that was in with Hans Blix had US elements.

There was no immediate need for war. Saddam was a git but we have not brought peace and tranquility to the Iraqis either. It will be some years before the Iraqis have the same level of services that they had in the 80s or even the 90s under sanctions. Quite apart from the Iraqi deaths, over 1500 coalition soldiers are dead and nearly 12,000 wounded. The tax dollars being sucked in to Iraq are enormous and will be for some time to come.

Saddam was not linked to AQ or 9/11 and had no WMD or even any current programmes - was this really the most cost effective way of getting him to stop being a regional and domestic bullyboy?

I actually thought his speech suggested he would use diplomacy more this term - something I think he should have considered earlier but what do I know?
    Last edited by Biggles; 01-21-2005 at 09:48 PM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    We've done this subject over and over and as time goes by many anti war arguments stated in the past have been borne out.
    I shall not go over everything but a few things I feel you need to think about

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    People over there from children to the middle aged are just learning what immumnizations are, children are going to schools, etc, etc, etc.

Hardly Saddams fault if syringes were banned because of sanctions

They don't know if there will be an election in 4 years?? WTF? Pure stupidity, plain and simple. I really don't know what else to say about that.

just make sure you are aware who the candidates are

How is it that he "fucked up on Iraq"? No, the US gov't did not find missile silos and the like but we knew he didn't have those types of things.
    could you repeat that?...are you suggesting that Bush KNEW he didn't have the WMDs ? ...funny because he quite clearly stated the FACT that he DID.

and while you are at clearing up what you wrote..

or like you dem/libs love to repeat, "weapons of mass destruction".
    Was I watching a different history...didn't Bush repeat it...over and over...in fact wasn't it a term invented in the white house ?.....perhaps the "dem/libs" are repeating it now because the term has returned to bite you "conservatives" on the brain..sorry ass.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Iraq had a better Education System and Free Universal Health Care before the Iraq/Iran war.. better than the USA.

So, yes.. those under the age of 15 in Iraq are seeing these for the first time. However most of those "Mass Graves" were soldiers from that war and Desert Storm.

There is no doubt whatsoever that 10,000s died under Hussian... however that number pales in comparison to the number of those that died because of the US/UK bombing and blocking of medical aid during the years between Desert Storm and the Invasion. So that crap sounds a little hypocritical to say the least.

About the speech...

Im particualarly impressed, given the current situation, of the phrase "We will not force our system of government on anyone else..."

Okay... right... someone want to tell him?

Quote Originally Posted by HippyChick
    CONSTITUTION
    They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why
    don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart
    guys, it's worked for over 200 years and we're not using it anymore
    So true...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    We've done this subject over and over and as time goes by many anti war arguments stated in the past have been borne out.
    I shall not go over everything but a few things I feel you need to think about

could you repeat that?...are you suggesting that Bush KNEW he didn't have the WMDs ? ...funny because he quite clearly stated the FACT that he DID.

and while you are at clearing up what you wrote..

Was I watching a different history...didn't Bush repeat it...over and over...in fact wasn't it a term invented in the white house ?.....perhaps the "dem/libs" are repeating it now because the term has returned to bite you "conservatives" on the brain..sorry ass.
    Hey vid................
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    What's bad is that there are the dumb conservatives who actually believe that's what the war was about before the brainwash.

Either that or they are in denial.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-21-2005 at 10:46 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Hey vid................

Are you suggesting you have the power to see into the future?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    I foresee us going into Iran..we are hearing the same shit we heard pre-Iraq. Course, we hear Cheney go on about maybe Israel will strike first.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    manker: if you are so worried about my Hippie Judging Credentials then worry thee not. I am a product of late 60's Greenwhich Village and then grew up in Woodstock NY. Trust me, I have seen my share of hippies and I remember how things were and I see what they are now. I understand I post sometimes in "absolutes" and such, but they are my opinions and I know they are mine, something not to be forced on others. My intent is only to express not to upset.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    No coment on the politics like, but thanks for posting the pictures. It was nice to see something like this from the perspective of one who was there like, rather than from the perspective of a journalist looking in.
    Thanks, that was my intention with this thread. So true about the journalists. I don't know how most inaugurations work, but a few minutes before Bush went by, the announcer asked us to give a round of applause for the media who was in the procession. Very weird, I don't know why they were there, but they got boos second only to the President and Vice President. They sure weren't with the protestors. I'm not going to ramble about conservative media etc, but this just shows how lazy the American media is. The only members of the press I saw that was actually in the vicinity of the protests was a camera man and a reporter from a European news channel. I'm sure they left right after to go to Darfur and film a bit there that CNN will then buy and air themselves...

About the New York protests, Jude, I was there and I also live in Manhattan. The real people at fault here are the Republicans. Not only is New York City a overwhelmingly Democrate City, but people were fed up the GOP using 9/11 as a reason for every policy they implement. Not to say that other Americans don't have the right to be angry about 9/11, but it did happen here. Personally, my father worked in the second tower, but decided to take the local train to work instead of the express because he was reading a good book. Otherwise, he might well be dead today

The NYC protests were largely peaceful, with the exception of the anarchists who I hate just as much as the next person. They do not represent us and I am tired of them giving us a bad name. Many of my friends performed civil disobedience, but it in many cases it was arranged before hand with the police. When they crossed a certain line, the cops would arrest them. I made sure to thank cops when I passed them for what they were doing, and so did many others. Many cops told me that they wished they didn't have to be there and arrest us, and that they would be there too if they werent police. The anarchists get in fights with cops and burn things, and the national press, in order to get more ad revenue, go with the more sensational story, and who can blame them.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the pics, and I tried to leave as much partisan views out of the descriptions as possible.
    Last edited by mogadishu; 01-22-2005 at 03:52 AM.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Are you suggesting you have the power to see into the future?
    It was like me saying, "Come on in; the water's great."

Many conservatives are automatons.....

then again so are some liberals.

Show them proof of something (like tape) and because it faults their hero they come up with bullshit.

USE LOGIC OR STFU!!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast