Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Bad Trouble

Today on my ASUS A7N8X-E Motherboard my IDE Controller went out for my harddrive. So now it wont read the harddrive at all in the BIOS. So i figured hey take the motherboard back and then i thought well i can't warrrenty is dead. So i said what if i use a ata133pci ide controller card instead of buying new mobo, so i put it in and hooked the harddrive to it. i get this message: Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and hardware. I really hope someone smart can get me out of this one using what i have, because i duno what to do.

Thanx DarkNess4Ever

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Before you go the RMA route, try changing cables, then changing from primary to secondary just to make sure it's a controller problem. If you have access to another machine, try checking the HD on that PC.

Also, disconnect other IDE device when testing. Sometimes a bad CD/DVD drive can cause problems.

IDE controllers are about $25 but you can buy a new MB starting at around $50.

Goodluck

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    It does work in another computer because i tried it and everything was fine, i switched cables out but that didn't change a thing , i have the controller card and all but it wont still load windows off it, and i can't get a new mobo cause i am broke, and the warrenty is out on this one.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    It has to be on the same spot the MBR says. So if it was one Master Primary when you installed xp on it, it has to be on that for it to boot up. If you have an old hd, install xp onto that then boot onto the old one. You will only be able to access the files on the current one and not boot to it.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I have the h.d. set to master and pluged from h.d. to the controller card and nothing happens it don't boot, reason i did this is .because my h.d. ide controller on mobo went out, so this help?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I can't do this because it doesn't detect ne harddrive in BIOS

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    how do you know that the motherboard's IDE is broken?
    whatr happend if you plug in the drives to the board?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    It detects dvd-rom/dvdrw on both IDE Controllers, but when you plug a harddrive up it doesn't detect in BIOS on either controller, also when i plug the h.d. into another comp it shows up fine and works. Thats why i said it is broken.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    bad IDE cable possibly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast