Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Guides

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Why do we seem to bury them ? I went looking for Rossco2004 's all in one guide . I had a hell of a time , I finally clicked on his name to find the link. Can 't we make them clearer? I mean someone took the time to write it should n't we share it ?

Edit: In hind site what I mean is can't we put them back at the top of the related forum? Like Security is on the top of software .
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-22-2005 at 04:38 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Retired
    They can be moved back and make them stickies. but then I think we should edit some of the guides (merge some) and close them.

Its not my job anymore todo these kind of things maybe Brian should check what the best option is.

about Rossco2004's guide: its not a guide anymore its just a URL picture link. if we gonna move the guides back imo we should not stick his thread. instead maybe we should notice it in one of the other guides.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Some guides get there own threads stickied (or use to before the guide section) and some (like mine) got chucked into a thread called guides in here, thing is becuase hardware world already had most of its guides stickied my guide was overlooked alot.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Site Owner
    I like the guide section. This way there isn't a bunch of stickeys everywhere.

Just my opinion

Brian

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    just make a link at the top of forum's to teh guides section or something.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I jsut noticed that the guides are still disappearing even in the guides section after 60 days...
    in hardware world i get that there's no posts form the last 60 days and there's no way to see the guides...

thye need to be stickied i think.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Site Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    I jsut noticed that the guides are still disappearing even in the guides section after 60 days...
    in hardware world i get that there's no posts form the last 60 days and there's no way to see the guides...

Umm, are you sure. For me I can view all the guides in the guide section.

I personally don't see a problem with how it works now. The guide section is the second folder from the top, and they are all neatly organized in categories.

Just my thoughts
    Brian

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by rookiecrd1
    Umm, are you sure. For me I can view all the guides in the guide section.

I personally don't see a problem with how it works now. The guide section is the second folder from the top, and they are all neatly organized in categories.

Just my thoughts
    Brian
    for admins and mods the threads never get cut off.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I think the guides should be placed in their appropriate "forum" for logical and easier axess.
    Thatis all

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004

I think you hit the nail on the head , my young friend ! I opened the thread date time etc. there it is .Thats "NOT" good enought tho !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast