Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goldeneye Rouge Agent 007

Well i downloaded this for Xbox, have to say EA sports have ruined the Goldeneye name. The N64 game named Goldeneye was a classic and from the feel of the game they are hoping the cash in on that and the fact that you don't even play as 007.

The graphics look no better than a PSone game, fire effects are thin cardboard. Ingame characters look bad as well, and only have about three different ways of hitting the floor. So expect the make a head shot and have them grab a kneww and limp to the floor.... The games cutscenes look nice and finnished, its almost as if they have spen too much time on them.

level design is poor. I played for a good few hours and never seem'd to eat a dead end or explore a level, they are pritty much follow the corridor untill you get to a big room go up the stairs and along anoher corridor and then another big room, go down the stairs and so on....

I never really got a idea as to what i was doing in the game, its just get the point B from point A and then your character will do something.

Another 'special' feature of this game is your character has a....Goldeneye. Yes they replaced his eye with a golden one. This gives him special powers which get upgraded as you play through the game, however using the disc to play basketball is so much more fun. Special powers include being able to see through a box.

Weapons are shit as well, you run out of ammo for them ll after about 3 seconds and spend the rest of the level trying to find the change weapon button and with a shit pistol thats not even a PPK, 077's standard weapon.

Controls were bad, on the xbox controll i had to remove one of my hands from the control to push the stupid goldeneye button so effectivly you cannot run or move and activate your special wierd eye powers....

Overall i have to say only buy this game for someone you hate.

-------------
    XXXX...........- 46%
    -------------

2. Games   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Dang, I was hoping this would be another classic lol. Goldeneye for N64 was so great, me and my friends all playing against each other and trying to get to Egyptian Temple. I was thinking this would be good, but I guess not, thanks!
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Games   -   #3
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    'Tis a pity.

4. Games   -   #4
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    im not surprised , ea has ruined the series since Tommorrow never dies ...

5. Games   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I have everything or nothing, and it is pretty tight.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Games   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    tommorrow never dies or whatever game i have on psone was a huge disappointment...i was hoping for it to be like goldeneye.
    after that i've hated the 007 games.

7. Games   -   #7
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    tommorrow never dies or whatever game i have on psone was a huge disappointment...i was hoping for it to be like goldeneye.
    after that i've hated the 007 games.
    Same. Nothing in the FPS genre will ever beat Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for the N64.

8. Games   -   #8
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    I have Rogue Agent for my Gamecube and I think it's awesome.

I'd reccomend it to anybody who likes first-person shooters. Though the multiplayer is lacking in options (such as the ability to change the number of lives per player), the sheer gameplay itself makes up for it.

I enjoy this game very much and I think lots of other people will like it to.

9. Games   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by iMartin
    Same. Nothing in the FPS genre will ever beat Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for the N64.
    perfect dark.
    I wish they would bring out those games on the computer.

10. Games   -   #10
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    it sucks, i've played it, and it just plain sucks.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast