Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Naive thoughts about US treatment of Prisoners

zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    *no copy & paste*

Yes *time* has passed and it is all, not so interesting any more
    as goes with the Tsunami
    how easy we customize and forget

Exactly..

A few days ago i saw *"One"* USA military person being put into jail for many years in relation to his treatment to Iraqi pow.

Good, i thought...

but..mm...what...only one? (greedy or simply...)
    what about all those sstanding around, "chanting" or probably "ignoring" the fact that a human who never in his life went to your country,got attacked and is now on Reality "public TV" (+ W.e.B)

Why only one guy??????

Is he "our" Martyr?????

I haven't gotten all the news updates but, shouldn't every single mofo even closely related to any of those scenes be "judged"?

sacrify one - and the world is satisfied?

yes- we forget easy

No - I'm not after more pain......
    and can understand why we go to these extremes,
    in order to get info or .....
    but humans at one time decided that "no"(geneva) we can't go that far...yet what about pure instinct?

without the digital evolution this "free" knowledge, which we get thru the web we would not have known about it.
    be prepared for more.

none the less

Why was Only one Person was Condemned for the "torture" in Abu Ghraib????
    Last edited by zedaxax; 01-24-2005 at 06:06 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    It is my understanding there will be more trials for sick actions such as this in America. It is also my understanding there have been trials in both England and elsewhere for sick actions such as these for soldiers other than American Soldiers as I read about them in UK papers.

When I read of the English Soldier's trial, I thought about mentioning it in here. But I thought again because two wrongs don't make a right.

One of my sources of info......
    Last edited by Everose; 01-24-2005 at 05:48 AM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    it seems that many of the people involved got the proverbial slap on the wrist, when they should have had heavy sentences. What I resent the most though, is, no higher ups are taking responsibility and serving time. This goes straight up the ladder, and yet....these higher ups have been busy going to balls and parties.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    I guess I thought the officer there and in charge was the first one to trial in the United States, Ruthie. And I thought he got 8 years?

I will never condone what these soldiers have done. I am watching with interest the trials in the Netherlands, England and America.

I do wonder...... how do the Iraqi insurgents treat captured Iraqi's, and alliance soldiers?
    Last edited by Everose; 01-24-2005 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Mistake on my part..

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I do wonder...... how do the Iraqi insurgents treat captured Iraqi's, and alliance soldiers?
    we already know and that seems to get forgotten too.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I guess I thought the officer there and in charge was the first one to trial in the United States, Ruthie. And I thought he got 13 years?

I will never condone what these soldiers have done. I am watching with interest the trials in the Netherlands, England and America.

Treatment hasn't been great all around. I have to say though, that I look at the Iraqi's as freedom fighters..most of them. I do not include those that execute, behead, etc. Lots of the troops involved seem to be getting off pretty lightly. This problem (at least I see it as such) is the lack of accountability by Bush, Rumsfeld, Gonzales, Condi, Cambone, etc. They actually looked for ways to legalize torture..which cannot really be done.
    I believe either 10 or 13 Chinese prisoners were just released.
    a great book to read is "Naked In Iraq", by Anne Garrels. she is an NPR reporter, and she was in Iraq before the invasion, up until March or April 2003. I read it a few weeks ago, and it is very informative.
    Anyway, I resent the no-accountability clause built into this invasion. This administration should be able to be indicted for War Crimes..at least that's how I see it. I still believe Iran will be next.

anywhichway

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    I forgot to add..Good Morning, Everose. Hope you got more sleep then me...I haven't had any yet. LOL

anywhichway

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Here is an example of what I'm saying:

U.S. Soldier Sentenced in Iraqi's Killing
    Associated Press

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A U.S. military court found a 1st Cavalry Division soldier guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the fatal shooting of an Iraqi translator and sentenced him to three years in prison, reduction in rank and a bad conduct discharge.

Spc. Charley L. Hoosier also was convicted of making a false statement to investigators following the Nov. 24 shooting of the female translator, which occurred at an Army forward base in Baghdad, the U.S. command said.

Another soldier, Spc. Rami Dajani, was convicted of making a false statement in the case but involuntary manslaughter charges against him were dropped. Dajani was sentenced to 18 months confinement, reduction in rank and a bad conduct discharge, the military said.

According to the U.S. statement, Dajani supplied the handgun that Hoosier used in the shooting, then denied involvement in the death.
    source

anywhichway

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    What do you expect when a large country attacks a small soverign nation like Iraq?

I just hope every idiot who supported the War in Iraq immediatly be drafted and sent to be a foot soldier. And preferably, wrongfully be arrested and be send to Abu Ghraib to be tortured.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    I forgot to add..Good Morning, Everose. Hope you got more sleep then me...I haven't had any yet. LOL

Morning, Ruthie..... Sleep is important.

I think I slept enough to last me through the morning!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast