Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bloody Spyware! (ringtone.exe)

Whats:
    O3 - Toolbar: NavExcel Toolbar - {5AA06644-BC46-4220-A460-47A6EB47C96D} - C:\Program Files\NavExcel Search Toolbar\NavExcelBar.dll
    Some toolbar for MS Excel or spywarez

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Can I just stress at this point to any members (both full and new) the importance of keeping an up-to-date antivirus and firewall on discs prior to installing a new opersating system / reformatting.

The first thing you should do is install an antivirus before connecting to the Internet, followed by a firewall. Then update both asap and you shouldn't tun into these kind of problems.

Samurai

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Whats:

Some toolbar for MS Excel or spywarez

http://www.navexcel.com/live/about.html

The NavExcel Search Toolbar is a space-efficient browser toolbar that is installed conveniently to the right of the browser address bar and enables end users to access our search engine from anywhere on the web. The NavExcel Search Toolbar also comes with a Pop-up Blocker that enables end users to surf the web with greater privacy and fewer annoyances.

NavHelper and the NavExcel Search Toolbar are not spyware nor adware - neither software programs will collect any personally identifiable information or web browsing data about end users or serve end users any pop-up or pop-under advertisements. Please see our full Privacy Policy for more information our software practices.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    http://www.navexcel.com/live/about.html

The NavExcel Search Toolbar is a space-efficient browser toolbar that is installed conveniently to the right of the browser address bar and enables end users to access our search engine from anywhere on the web. The NavExcel Search Toolbar also comes with a Pop-up Blocker that enables end users to surf the web with greater privacy and fewer annoyances.

NavHelper and the NavExcel Search Toolbar are not spyware nor adware - neither software programs will collect any personally identifiable information or web browsing data about end users or serve end users any pop-up or pop-under advertisements. Please see our full Privacy Policy for more information our software practices.
    Yeah, they all say that don't they?
    Seriously, if Mr Mulder didn't knowingly install it, then it should be removed together with the helper object:
    O2 - BHO: Helper Class - {D80C4E21-C346-4E21-8E64-20746AA20AEB} - C:\Program Files\NavExcel Search Toolbar\NavExcelBar.dll
    I thought I may have missed it first time round but t wasn't there which makes me wonder where Mr M went while trying to sort this out... perhaps it was a result of one of those trojans.

Other than that, it looks clean.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    I've done as you asked and managed to delete the .exe's for all the ones you mentioned

Does it look good?
    Get Real Alternative instead of RealOne player

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Sorry if off topic but seems like the perfect time ! That DOS exploit that spybot keeps finding. I'm thinking its something to do with Zonealarm because you have it too . WTF is it ? I remove it ,next scan it flags it again?
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-25-2005 at 01:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12