View Poll Results: Is flat lemonade better than fizzy lemonade?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

8 30.77%
  • Disagree

7 26.92%
  • Stfu

11 42.31%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flat Lemonade Tastes better than FIzzy Lemonade.

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    I'd have thrown the XXXX in as well and had Snakebite & Black.

I was talking to someone recently, when pissed, about whether snakebite already had the blackcurrent in or whether you'd have to ask for it to be added.

You used to be a bar-steward, I believe. So that's the point cleared up - now if only I could remember which side I was arguing for
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    oops.
    i voted before reading the thread description.

I didn't know sprite counted as fizzy lemonade

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Those who take the ade suffix at it's literal meaning and miss the 'Sprite' reference in the initial post can offer no meaningful input on this topic.

I thought that was obvious, I shall be more precise next time and purposely exclude N. Americans
    Well I voted for your STFU option because we American's don't consider lemonade and SODA in the same category and therefore not up for comparison.

I consider lemonade to be fruit juice, Sprite is soda.

Your first post mentioned flat lemonade...isn't that shaken up Sprite with the fizz let out?

Maybe I should have voted fizzy. Yup, that's right...fizzy.

Flat lemonade just ain't the Sprite that I paid for.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

I was talking to someone recently, when pissed, about whether snakebite already had the blackcurrent in or whether you'd have to ask for it to be added.

You used to be a bar-steward, I believe. So that's the point cleared up - now if only I could remember which side I was arguing for
    Snakebite is just cider & lager. Some people call snakebite & black 'diesel' instead, which is nice.

Anyhow, I though you had done a spot of barwork once-upon-a-time?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Snakebite is just cider & lager. Some people call snakebite & black 'diesel' instead, which is nice.

Anyhow, I though you had done a spot of barwork once-upon-a-time?
    Yeah, always put black in it tho' without asking. No-one ever complained but that may be because I'm a double hard bar steward.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Well I voted for your STFU option because we American's don't consider lemonade and SODA in the same category and therefore not up for comparison.

I consider lemonade to be fruit juice, Sprite is soda.

Your first post mentioned flat lemonade...isn't that shaken up Sprite with the fizz let out?

Maybe I should have voted fizzy. Yup, that's right...fizzy.

Flat lemonade just ain't the Sprite that I paid for.
    After much confusion, Busyman bucks the trend set down by his brethren and gets it

7. Lounge   -   #27
    After much confusion, Busyman bucks the trend set down by his brethren and gets it
    I think the lemonade thingie was kinda weird.

For we confu-zed Americans the poll would have made sense if it said something like

Lemon Soda Tastes better Flat

It's funny how things are different over there versus here.

btw flat SODA in general quenches thirst more than carbonated soda because it lacks the co2. There's no swallowing of the crackle.

The problem is it tastes like .

I like taking some of the fizz out but not all of it but I do this with ALL sodas unless it's in ice, which mellows a little.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-31-2005 at 12:14 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Just another example that we use the same words, they just mean different things.

And look at heartache it has caused. The anger, the suspicion, the romance, the intrigue all over lemonade.

I had Panack is France once, it lets the sweetness of lemonade cancel the bitterness of beer. It made beer taste "not bad". But we professionals drink beer for the effects not the flavor.

See #2

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Just another example that we use the same words, they just mean different things.

And look at heartache it has caused. The anger, the suspicion, the romance, the intrigue all over lemonade.

I had Panack is France once, it lets the sweetness of lemonade cancel the bitterness of beer. It made beer taste "not bad". But we professionals drink beer for the effects not the flavor.

See #2
    I don't really drink beer but I'll drink hard liquor.....so I can get drunk.

However, hard liquor tastes like so that's why I like apple martinis made with apple Pucker.

'Cause it tastes so gooooooooood!!!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #30
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I shant allow that "brethren" comment to pass unaddressed, Manker.

There.

I have addressed it, and feel better for having done so.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast