Thread: Phoenix Beep Code

Poster
    does anyone knows of a site that has the beep code that i can listen to? I found a lot of sites that has the beep code such as 1-1-2-3, but I want to listen to what it actually sound like. I have a board with a phoenix bios and its giving me some weird beep code. It's like a series of different frequencies beep w/o pauses between them. I want to actually hear what a beep code sounds like.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    All beep codes I've heard in the past have been the same frequency, and all the beeps short and the same length.

The example you gave (1-1-2-3) would be

beep pause beep pause beep beep pause beep beep beep long pause, repeat.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    yea, i know how the beep goes, but when my mobo beeps, it's of different frequency. its like , low pitch, high pitch, midpitch, high pitch, low pitch and so on....there are a total of 8 beeps and it loops. There are no pauses as far as i can tell.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Elmo
    yea, i know how the beep goes, but when my mobo beeps, it's of different frequency. its like , low pitch, high pitch, midpitch, high pitch, low pitch and so on....there are a total of 8 beeps and it loops. There are no pauses as far as i can tell.

Found a site with codes , but don't think you'll find a sound site tho!

http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html

Edit: If you read the codes it's bad memory or Mobo problem I think . 8 beeps . Ah shit could be vid problem too . I see what you mean , pain in the ass .
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-27-2005 at 02:22 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    yea, but there are a few combinations for 8 beep code for the phoenix bios. It isnt exactly a beep code though as its different frequency.....arg, i just emailed tech support and hopefully they have an answer.